Website

Has anyone seen my shoe?

Hello!

I've just made the home page of my first website!

I just wondering if you guys would pass your opinion on it.

Maybe even give me hints on what to improve!

Also I was thinking of adding a bar on the side with main news like on the heatsink website but not scrolling.

What colour do you think would be the best and do you think it would suit the site?

website.jpg

BTW there will be more choices on the navigation bar!

Thanks in advance!

Also i've heard there is a way to make the site appear the same size in different resolutions.

Is this true?

And if so how do you do it?

BTW this is in dreamweaver and photoshop.

Edited by Has anyone seen my shoe?

Erm instead of making fixed tables you make them a certain percentage of the overall width, if you get me. Then if your screen is a massive 20" :blink: Then it'll just stretch across, and if it's small everything won't f**k up and have a scroller, just compress boarders and such.

Ask Alexx. I'm not 100% sure on it as I don't use it on my website.

Looks ok though.

Might want a bit more adding to it, pictures-wise maybe.

Nick.

Try and make the font(s) easier to read. Try and get them to relate something to the area(s) you ride, the styles you and your mates ride etc. You may like the font, but try and get it to relate to your riding lives.

Maybe (just an option) get rid of the pink? Not sure if you've noticed, but its over-used these days. Not sure what pink represents these days? Cant purely be sexuality :'(

If you're doing it in Photoshop, try and work to 800 x 600, you can get away with 1024 x 768 though - have the page centralised (<center></center>) or justified left.

Like you said, try and get some photos in there and just be creative? Maybe some textures? Wet your tyres, ride over some paper, scan it in, use it somewhere in the design... dunno, just be creative :blink:

Looks like you have some idea what you're doing so yay!

J.

Edited by trialmedia

Try and make the font(s) easier to read.  Try and get them to relate something to the area(s) you ride, the styles you and your mates ride etc.  You may like the font, but try and get it to relate to your riding lives.

Maybe (just an option) get rid of the pink?  Not sure if you've noticed, but its over-used these days.  Not sure what pink represents these days?  Cant purely be sexuality :o

If you're doing it in Photoshop, try and work to 800 x 600, you can get away with 1024 x 768 though - have the page centralised (<center></center>) or justified left.

Like you said, try and get some photos in there and just be creative?  Maybe some textures?  Wet your tyres, ride over some paper, scan it in, use it somewhere in the design... dunno, just be creative :'(

Looks like you have some idea what you're doing so yay!

J.

Have to agree with you there , i dnt like the pink try another colour .

Other wize it looks ace :blink:

Sam

1024 is pretty much industry standard these days but dont forget thats the entire screen res, startbar, browser bars, extra toolbars so its actually a smaller canvass

for 800x600 - use 783 x 398

for 1024x768 - use 1007 x 566

:-