London To Brighton

thechink

im doing london to brighton on my racer.

just wondering if anyone else is doing it.

or if your a halford worker what rest point are you on.

thechink

yea im a mechanic on it dunno what stop ten miles in or summit

Well so far as I know its from Clapham Common like last year. I would be going but im to late to enter as all the places are full. As for mechanics, I did it last year as one of the few, the first year Halfords ran it. It was a complete shambles. It was soo bad it was err... really bad i guess. The guy Dave Evans who organised was a complete **** (insert explicit of choice) he had no idea what was going on, we were on the start line,so had to get up at 4am despite having a plush hotel near by. (hotel was the best bit). Anyway the parts that were promised never showed up. for the firt two hours, we were only functioning proplery when everyone had left. Then clever Dave told us to go further down the track to help. Not realising we had to go the same way as the riders and never actually got anywhere, its hard to over take 27,000 cyclists apparently. So we drove around for about 4 hours looking for the place we were supposed to find, which changed every three seconds via phone from Dave Evans, then just left after getting shouted at by alot of angry mums riding battered old bikes with punctures

What can you do eh?

Trev

ps (london to southend should be alot less packed, and better organised fingers crossed)

i'm one of the race mechanics this year, i too did it last yr. i agree it was pretty badly organised last yr, but it was halfords first yr, so they didnt know what too expect, i think it went quite well considering. this yr should be much better though, cos they no what to expect as do i.

im at station 7 at the dog and duck near gatwick. might see you there :shifty: