Base Ta How Strong

Connor

Hey people i recently cracked my saracen mad 04 on the seat stay, and i was wondering are baseta26's any stronger would it be worth me getting one or not, my friends got one hes 6.5ft and weighs about 2 of me by the sounds of his tallness, his is holding well i'm only 8 stone and about just under 6ft tall and a fairly smooth rider like the occasnal 6ft drop i can gap like 5ft rolling 4/12 static, how long you think it would last me.

bases are the nicest frames ever... :'(

ok maybe not, but for the price, you cant go wrong (N)

ive had mine a year, at first i was sceptical cos i thought they looked a bit shit (horrible graphics and i wasnt keen on the tubing profiles), but after much recomendation i got it and i havent looked back, it handles sweetly, and the geometry seems to be the perfect medium for natural and street-well for me at least-im 6ft 2 and weigh 13stone

im more of a street orientated rider and it suits me well, it bunnyhops well, spins with ease-the tight back makes it very easy to control on the backwheel (N)

saying this i dont have much experience with longer frames, in general all my frames have been short-but thats purely due to my style of riding(never really seen the need to own a long frame)

im no way smooth and after a bout a year and half of riding, maybe more now, i still consider myself a bit of a 'begginer'-yet the frame shows no signs of wanting to give up yet

i run: identitiy tuning forks, rear v brake, titec rip stem-80/90mm 10degrees rise, easton ea70s 2inch rise and pig headset with a 10mm spacer-i guess those components make the most difference in the way it handles

give a base a try, they are versatile and are well worth the money-raub on the forum has one for sale :- and its mint-i suggest buying his if you are unsure about bases/cant try anyone elses out, cos its the closest to a new 1 that you will find cheap i think ^_^

i reckon for the money you wont find anything better (i hear the new mad is supposed to be good though, but i cant back that up from personal experience yet), and i think it still gives more expensive frames on the market a run for their money...

i like mine lots :(

I'll not add to what Paul Oliver said above , because he pretty much covered all the bases :- , and I agree entirely .

See below for mine . I'll just say it's reliable , good looking , with short chainstays that make for an obedient backwheeler . Go get one .