Anyone Know When The Onza Zona Comes Out?

pogonation

large.php?file=ia18kno1218felkcicmh282ip.jpg

large.php?file=6mm2k0k18882h3592o6ga80ij.jpg

Does anyone know when this frame is available for the public to buy, because it looks damn nice and apparantly it is going to cost the same price as most other onzas (200ish) (Y)" Edited by pogonation

I read somehwhere is could be in a few weeks, but probably isn't vary reliable, and no one really know for sure about the whole zona thing.

How much will this frame cost? £400?

obviously not. Even Onza know they can't compete with the 'top end' companies as far as their image goes, so pricing their frames in competition with Zoo and Echo isn't going to work. (almost everyone would have a python or a team over an onza at the same price).

I would guess it'll be around £230 - £270. And hopefully it'll be frame only option straight away.

£250? i think not  (Y)

Thats the frame you want to get. Non of this long stuff.

Anyway, Zona i hear was suposed to be like Zoo and echo are. Sort of a different range of bike, rather than the name of the bike it's self. (Y)

I could actually feel the standard T-Lite hampering me and holding me back. No joke. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short for me. The geometry's just sketchy. The T-Lite Long I had for the Deej ride was better, but I still "downgraded" to the T-Pro and can ride loads better on it...

Zona is our new no frills brand and we are launching the frame in about 3-4 weeks. There will be no team, no sponsorship no publicity or adv. Just good product at low prices. Onza wiil still be our premium brand and the brand into which all our R & D, sponsorship, point of sale etc. etc. will be directed. I take issue with some comments made on here. There is no ceiling on our frame prices and we do class ourselves as a premium brand. 2 firsts and 2 seconds in yesterdays British champs shows that.

Zona is our new no frills brand and we are launching the frame in about 3-4 weeks. There will be no team, no sponsorship no publicity or adv. Just good product at low prices. Onza wiil still be our premium brand and the brand into which all our R & D, sponsorship, point of sale etc. etc. will be directed. I take issue with some comments made on here. There is no ceiling on our frame prices and we do class ourselves as a premium brand. 2 firsts and 2 seconds in yesterdays British champs shows that.

So like I was arguing in that other thread, if you just release "no frills" frames cheaper than other companies, then you can gain more money, which means more time for research and design on your premium brand frames?

Ha! I was right! In your face everyone who said I was being stupid (Y)

Surely introducing and stocking a totally new product range ties up money? (Given that the Onza R&D has been continuous anyway, and these new frames will be out before many Zona frames will have been sold). So, what you said doesn't really make sense. I'm sure Mike will have something to say anyhow!

Ha! I was right! In your face everyone who said I was being stupid  (Y)

Yeah, it would seem you were. I guess that by releasing them under another brand name, they won't taint the Onza "reputation" with cheap 'n' dirty frame copies. It's stupid how changing the letters in the name around can actually make a difference, but it can. Well played Onza :D

Yeah, it would seem you were.  I guess that by releasing them under another brand name, they won't taint the Onza "reputation" with cheap 'n' dirty frame copies.  It's stupid how changing the letters in the name around can actually make a difference, but it can.  Well played Onza :D

I wonder if the Xona idea came before or after my marketting suggestions... (Y)

Nahh... doubt it, seems like Onza are on the ball with this one, keeping all of T-F on their toes

It's stupid how changing the letters in the name around can actually make a difference, but it can.  Well played Onza :D

It's not going to make a difference... (Y)

We all still know who they are made by etc etc.

It obviously works though, like with Toyota releasing a premium brand aka Lexus

Yeah, but they are compleatly different names. Zona is just a re-arrangement of Onza, everyone will work it out. And they will be sold at supercycles anyway.

Yeah, but they are compleatly different names. Zona is just a re-arrangement of Onza, everyone will work it out. And they will be sold at supercycles anyway.

You never know, the Japenses for Lexus and Toyota may be similar symbols swapped around (Y)