1. 1. what is ur brake set up

• front and rear maggie
    • front vee and rear maggie
    • both vee
    • Front disc and rear maggie
    • both disc
    • rear disc front maggie
    • other please state

Just an idea, is it possible to run a rear cable disc + a rear vee brake from the same lever? My mate has an oddyessey lever and it came with 2 cables attached to a single, long cylinder (to go in the lever)

Surely with adjustment you could get them to engage at the same time and thus twice the power! lol

Dont have a moan that its a stupid idea. Just suggestion as to why it is or isn't

Back to the topic.... lol.... I have front and rear maggies, but imo my mates' bikes have front discs, and they're much better for up to front moves :angry:

Just an idea, is it possible to run a rear cable disc + a rear vee brake from the same lever? My mate has an oddyessey lever and it came with 2 cables attached to a single, long cylinder (to go in the lever)

Surely with adjustment you could get them to engage at the same time and thus twice the power! lol

Technically it's do-able.

But i think it'd feel utterly wank.

And would be hard to set up.

And pretty much pointless really.

But yeh, it would work technically :angry:

Dont have a moan that its a stupid idea. Just suggestion as to why it is or isn't

Back to the topic.... lol.... I have front and rear maggies, but imo my mates' bikes have front discs, and they're much better for up to front moves :rolleyes:

But the power though the leaver would split your power into two to begin with. So it's wouldn't be twice as powerful

front: avid bb7 185mm on a ultimate lever and nokon cable

rear: avid ultimate, catridge backings with rimjam red material on a ultimate lever with linear slick cable :rolleyes:

basically i think the best cable braking setup you can get (depending on cables and pad choice really as its a personal preference)