Exporting From Premiere 6.5

Brian Bleech

hello all

I am messing around with exporting videos as wmv files from premiere 6.5 and can't do it for shit (N)

so i am just wondering what settings people use to do it.

also what settings do people use when exporting as mpg, i use the standard vcd settings, but want the option to make it super highquality too.

thank for the help

mike

Yeah, dont do it, WMV sucks dick.  Export as raw avi, then compress with tmpeg.  Mpeg is much better than the Windows shit.

i agree completely, but...

..now the mighty trials-shack is down, i was thinking of exporting all my vids as both to give people and 56kers the option of downloading wmv as well as mpgs.

Just because of crappy connection times and stuff.

mike

Yeah, as Ben pointed out, wmv's suck balls, period.

If you want to do a low quality and a high quality version, then just do it in Tmpgenc, by adjusting the bit rate.

I've recently discovered the magical world of DivX. I use the DivX encoder (http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXCreate.exe + *cough crack *cough). And it's the most simple program to use, a small box opens, you just drag your raw exported AVI file in, and it encodes it automatically, to the same size:length ratio as standard PAL video CD, but loads better quality.

Then, if you want to do a smaller file size, just export one with a lower bit rate from Tmpgenc.

Noone will choose a *.wmv over an *.mpeg (or a *.divx (N) ).

And why would the fact t-s has gone down mean you want to do smaller versions as well? There's still plenty of adequate down/upload sites around, and besides more people are gonna have a decent internet connection now anyway! (Apart from Tart :-)

Mike. B)

Edited by Fatmike