Avid Calliper

Mr Motivator

Was standing with my bike today and heard a ping. Looked down to find the contents of my avid disk calliper on the floor and I think I've lost some bits.

Has anyone got a calliper they want to sell? Dont need rotor or mounting bracket so whether its a 160, 180 or 203 it doesnt matter,

Sam

shut up...

sam, i got a caliper but the dial doesnt work cause i dented the outer bit. but you could swap the internals over? i think that is possible.

Yeh, it is possible, BUT and absolute bitch to do, as idealy u need an avid caliper tool, which is basicaly a slightly smaller cassette lockring tool, (can not modify one to fit BTW) i have done it, and it is possible, but it can be very tricky.

Adam

I just put it back together minus a few parts and it doesnt work obviously.

BUT!! I have found out something that will be a great help to all you people with avids..

It all flew apart because of one little nut that had come loose underneath the outside red adjuster knob and after playing with it, I reallized that if you keep playing with the knob, the little nut comes undone quite easily. Soooo, every now and again, flip off the outside red knob with a screw driver and tighen the 11mm nut :blink:

Sam