Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Rob_P

Hey guys and gals!

Now my broadband is set up through a LAN with my dads pc next door being the host and mine being a client!

Im using a laptop and he has a very nice pc which has had loads of new stuff on it!

Now the reason its had new stuff is because the internet connects fine but the PC keeps restarting itself for no apparnt reason! Obviously this dis connects the internet and is VERY annoying for me as sometimes if im sending someone something then it cancles it and has to start again!

The bloke where he got his pc from has no idea what it is and why its doing it as he has had new graphics card, mother board, case, screen, memory blah blah!

Please help!

The pc restared 3 times just before I wrote this (N)

Thanks Rob (N)

Im afraid this happens to me to. My usual answer is to blame XP because its ker-rap

I found it happened more when I ran lots of programs at the same time and "confused it".

are you using a router or a wireless router?

Im using a LAN cable from PC world!

Works a treat!

Theres never anything running on dads pc apart from the internet! Unless hes on it as well!

I normally have quite a few things runngn but I cant see how that would confuse his pc!

HELPPP its just done it again, very annoying so i've nicked the modem now (N)