Best Value Braking Soloution

ghosts_cloak

Hello guys!

Well I have been scrolling through endless review of pads etc but what I really want to know is the best value magura braking solution.

Ive heard that Koxx Bloxx browns last ages, but quickly wear out a grind (which Im not too keen on doing regularly to say the least!)

My ideal solution would be some cheap, good pads that would work on a clean, unground Sun Rhyno 24" rim (also giving good modulation for street/manuals).

Failing that which pads have the best value/performance/wear rate/grind wear rate.

A tall order I know but help will be most appreciated!!!

Thanks! :bunny:

~Gareth

I would say the zoo's. They would give a good brake on a smooth rim, with a good bit of modulation aswell. The wear rate would be very small, i would guess the good part of a year.

On a similar topic, are the blue Rimjam pads any good? What's the lock and bite like?

Lock and bits is great apparently, but they fall apart :shifty:.

Back to the topic, I ride shit street on a 24" bike, with a ground rim (pretty old now) and a magura, and I run the new kool-stops that come as standard on most onza's etc, there not bad, mine hold without tar, loads of modulation for manuals, can add a dab of tar in the summer for a bit of extra bite, and the best bit is loads of people upgrade from them, so you can get them easily for pennies, mine were £2.

They seem to be lasting ok as well.

Right - I just ordered 4 zoo pads :D

Hmmm, to run them front and rear or just on the back and have the set last twice as long...

Thanks for the replies,

~Gaz

They will last ages anyway, get them all on.

What do you have on the front now?

On a similar topic, are the blue Rimjam pads any good? What's the lock and bite like?

Good compund, mega crap backing. :shifty: Don't bother. Zoo's are the same IMO, and the backings don't destory themselves.

Edited by JT!

What do you have on the front now?

Hiya! I dont! I am bikeless at the moment and have ordered a Leeson Fluid frame and am getting all the parts in at the moment (frame will be another 4-5 weeks or so before its ready :shifty: ).

Thanks for the advice - all I need now is a gear cable then I will have (well ordered) all of the parts I need *touch wood*. :D

~Gaz

Excellent, thank you - that sounds good. Im going to order some now then  :shifty:

~Gaz

Right - I just ordered 4 zoo pads :D

Hmmm, to run them front and rear or just on the back and have the set last twice as long...

Thanks for the replies,

~Gaz

me and a mate have had zoo pads ran them for about 4 months and we found that the corners broke of the pads. leading to ripping chunks out the end but apart form that they are very good pads