Arm Pains

MesaMan

Hi guys,

New to trials and am learning pivots etc. My "good" foot is my left so I'm turning my wheel to the right and I notice that when I do, my reach is a little long on my right arm (meaning my right hand has poor contact with the bar) and this seems to 'twist' my arm a little.

Even after a very short time out on the bike I have a real bad ache in my right arm, wrist, forearm and elbow. This is mainly noticable after a ride when resting.

Does/has anyone else noticed such pains? I'm thinking that I've got too far to reach when out the seat standing - I'm riding a stock with raiser bars and a short flat stem. I can't add any more spacers either so if it is the stem, get one with a raise?

Any help/ideas or suggestions very welcome.

Cheers.

I think you should perhaps mess around with your current setup, and if nothing helps, then look for a different setup. I nearly quit trials when I first started riding a Monty mod, because of wrist pains. I adjusted my handlebars (only about a 15 degree change), and it completely solved the problem! The slightest adjustment may mean the difference between being perfectly comfortable, and being sore. Just mess with it, and don't give up :huh: .

Ride, get used to it, then once all pains are gone decide if you need a longer stem. But if your saying with a low stem your getting arm pains, how will a higher stem help as it will probaboly only be aboue 1cm higher maybe 2. Just learn to ride with what you have as its probaboly a fine set-up for now if your just starting and you will get used to it. Also your technique will adjust to your low stem and by the sounds of it its your technique thats not correct yet, once correct you wont get a "bad contact" with the bar.

obviously some people havent read what you put properly, what they are saying is true yes you will get pains as your muscles develop because trials uses muscles your body doesn't use on a day to day basis but also uses the common set of muscles. so aching will occur but as for not reaching your bars when turining try turning with your arms bent abit instead of straight out :huh:"

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

Did anyone else find that their elbows were super painful for a couple of weeks when they first started riding bikes? I couldn't straighten mine, and my forearms were constantly aching...

That was a while ago now though, and I've grown up big and strong grr (Y) ...

Joe