Magura Rear Brake, Hs33?

charlie_H

If you need a brake (lever, hose, slave cylinder/caliper), then get a Magura HS33 as you say. These can be bought from Chainreactioncycles.com.

If you need the clamps to bolt this to your frame, then you need to go to Tartybikes.com and look for '4 bolt mounts'.

need a complete back brake, isn't a disc or anything. i think hs33 was the right model anyways

thanks for the sites guys

http://www.bikedock.com/posit/shop/index.p...gory=20&group=6 the magura one on here at £39.99. is that a complete brake that will fit the back? i'm a little confused (Y) :)

charlie

:huh:

Edited by charlie_H

Ok my friend, listen up :o

The first link you posted is the correct brake that you want. It's a MAgura HS33 and thats what you want :huh:

HOWEVER as you pointed out it is only available in a front (Y)

The second link is a HS11, which is similar but under par compared to a HS33.

However it is available in a rear.

What you could do, is phone up chain reaction and ask them to keep a long section of hose on the front HS33, enabling you to fit it to the rear.

They may come in pre-cut lengths, but ask :)

EDIT: Just had a look on CRC, and i'd pay the extra £20 or so and get a rear 2005 HS33, that will stop you from fiddling around with hose lengths and stuff.

Edited by N.Wood

Ok my friend, listen up :P

The first link you posted is the correct brake that you want. It's a MAgura HS33 and thats what you want :)

HOWEVER as you pointed out it is only available in a front :o

What you could do, is phone up chain reaction and ask them to keep a long section of hose on the front HS33, enabling you to fit it to the rear.

They may come in pre-cut lengths, but ask (Y)

EDIT: Just had a look on CRC, and i'd pay the extra £20 or so and get a rear 2005 HS33, that will stop you from fiddling around with hose lengths and stuff.

ok thanks alot fot your help. i will try find the hs33rear now and order that

thanks again

*EDIT* crc dont have a single rear hs33 for sale :P where were you loooking? lol

charlie

Edited by charlie_H

so the HS11 on the site will fit on the rear, and be the correct length to reach the back of the bike? (hope i have got it right this time!!)

charlie

is that HS33 a four bolt? there is no description, can someone tell from the picture (there are only two bolts lating around in the picture)

charlie

It comes with Evo mounts as standard, if you have a 4 bolt frame and have the clamps, then you just un-do the Evo mounts and they'll be ready for your mounts (Y)

However if you need mounts they can be bought from the usual places, TartyBikes, SelectBikes, Supercycles etc...

Get the HS33, don't bother with the HS11.

The power is reduced due to the difference in piston diameters, and they feel ALOT squidgier due to the composite lever body and 3 finger blade.

The ones you linked to you'll get with the brake . They are the "Evo" ones for mounting onto frames which have just a single boss on each side (standard Vee mounts that most bikes come with), and I believe that they also work for the 4 bolt frames (magura only) like yours.

There are also "4 Bolt mounts" which are simpler looking and only work with 4 bolt frames: These typcially cost around £15 for, say the rear brake only. See the following link for examples:

http://tartybikes.co.uk/products.php?product=brake_spares

I'd order the HS33 and see where you go from there. Definately don't bother with the HS11 because it'll be next to worthless if you want to off load it later on. Go straight for the HS33 because it'll last your whole trials career (Y)

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Magura Blacks with an unground rim and oil on the braking surface.

shouldnt need to use you brake for manuals.................................

i use heatsink yellow pads that bite like a bitch and dont touch my brake when manualling........