Base Updates...

Endohopper

Well basebikes finally got round to updating their website , which had until a week ago shown only the pre 2003 model ( ! ) . How can any company underestimate or neglect the importance of online presence for so long ? It's still not much of a site , but better than it's prehistoric updates , now showing the TA 26 in several finishes , including this beauty :

gallery_3439_966_285.jpg

For some reason , the site also shows the Ashton 20"mod . :huh: Is that thing secretly manufactured by base ? Ah well , I'm still embarrased to have that website's adress displayed on my chainstays , which I notice is absent from the newer frames . Now , where did I leave that nitromors ?

Edited by Endohopper

All of ashtons bikes have/are "Imported" to Scarborough by base, Roy who is the owner of "Bike-It" sells the base brand and does alot of import work there fore it was easier for Ashton to go to him and say can you send this to Taiwan and get 100 made and then get them to ocme back in your big container you have instead of having to buy a container and have to have frames made every 3/4months. its purely for the ease of someone having there bikes imported with someone else to make it easier. if anyone has ever had an ashton delivered check on the ANC tab where it has come from and it will say "Bike-It" scarborough. :huh: i think its rather kool, thats why when low on stock specially with the new ones with their being 2 colours it will be harder for mertyn to know what he ha available but again there only a phone call away. martyn takes them at "Ashton Bikes" then rings roy and says this this and this to this this and this address.

Waynio...................

It looks like the success of the Base 26" has injected new life into the company, or at least they've realised it makes sense to get their website upto date.

I'll happily work as a consultant for them if they want to improve that site abit, if they have some cash knocking around, maybe half singed from lighting cigars with! Seriously though, this little beauty simply must be sorted out (rollover text):

Steve