I Can't Ride For A Few Weeks.

MikeWarner

Those of you who were at the Southampton ride this weekend probably spotted that I didn't ride my bike at all - that's because I have a bad wrist. Just been to the doctors and have been told it is most likely tendonitis and I can't ride for a few weeks until it is 100% better.

I'm gutted as I've bought a load of new stuff which I really want to try out. Oh well - to chear myself up a bit, I bought a 2.5 Maxxis High Roller DH super tacky and a DH inner tube. (Y)

Any tips on how to avoid similar injuries in the future?

when you get back use a support for maybe a week or so, just so it gives it a bit of support.

i have done it plenty of times. it is sickening that you cant ride but it will only make you want to ride more when you get back geez. (Y) :P take it easy and rest it and you will be ok.

Waynio.....................

Yeah, tendonitis sucks, I had to quit badminton because of a bad case of tennis elbow. You could try an anti-inflammatory creme to get better faster, it kinda worked with me... well it hurt less anyway.

Yeah - I got some Ibuleve cream. I think I'm going to have to work on my wrist strenght. Any tips (Y)" Only kidding, I'll get some of those squeezy things or something. Really sucks though as I wasn't really doing anything strenous.

Edited by MikeWarner