New Wheel Build

wayneone

Going to get a whole new wheel(front and rear) i like the look of the new echo rims with the machined pockets, but really unsure what hub to get Not looking to spend loads so a chris king is not a option for me, theres only one hub on tartybikes and it don't look too good. What do you guys recommend?

EDIT: some how missed all the hubs on tartybikes still confused though.

Edited by wayneone

Great...at last able to at least make a reply till things get validated. Was passed onto this site from one in the USA as i have a brand new 26 ins trials bike to sell on behalf of my son in the uk. Having to do this for him as he is on a year out and looking for funds so stick with the old fart here folks as I am newish to this game.

Will post pic and details as soon as i am allowed to do so ...I think?????

Great...at last able to at least make a reply till things get validated. Was passed onto this site from one in the USA as i have a brand new 26 ins trials bike to sell on behalf of my son in the uk. Having to do this for him as he is on a year out and looking for funds so stick with the old fart here folks as I am newish to this game.

Will post pic and details as soon as i am allowed to do so ...I think?????

Super! but whats that got to do with wheels? (Y)

Hi, What you want to do. For your backwheel get a onza ronnie rim on a hope bulb with a kenda kollosal downhill stick E 2.7 tyre. And for your front wheel get a echo square punched rim on a hope xc with a michelen hot s 2.5 tyre.

onza ronnie rim-£30-35 from supercycles

hope bulb-£140 from bikedock

kenda tyre-£30 from dunno (lol)

echo rim-£25 from tartybikes

hope xc-£35 from bikedock

michelen tyre-£35 from bikedock

www.supercycles.co.uk

www.bikedock.com

www.tartybikes.co.uk

www.freewebs.com/26biketrials

dankearns13@hotmail.co.uk

cheers!!!!!!!! (Y)

dan !

Right i run a 8 speed cassette, will the hope hub take this, i have no idea how to attach or detach cassetts is it hard?(ill be getting the hopes and the echo rims spokes arnt important are they?

The hope hub will take an 8 speed cassette, as long as it is a cassette and not a freewheel (unlikely as its 8 speed, so should be fine). If you want a disk mount on the wheel get a hope XC instead of a mono, they are identical apart from disk mount.

To remove a cassette you need a Cassette tool (what an inventive name! (Y) ) and a Chainwhip (kinky :)" )

The chian whip holds the cassette stoping it from rotating, the the other tool fits into the lockring so you can undo it with a big spanner. have a good look around at tools, they vary in price and qaulity.

And spokes are important actually! they hold the hub to the rim! useless whel with out them :D

on a serious note, its worth getting decent ones, i recomend DT swiss Comp or Super comp thats what i use. make sure you get the right length too.