Advice For A Beginner

deadly venom

Hello everyone. I am a new member to this forum and new to trials. I hope to get good advice on trials.

I have been trying to choose a first frame but I honestly don't know what to get. Their are so many frames available that choosing one has been very difficult.

Lately I have been looking at the BT Raven 6.0 and a frame called the Czar Ivan. Does anyone here have any experience with either of these frames? If so, will anyone tell me their opinions on both frames? Another question about the Czar Ivan. This frame looks just like that high end Koxx frame the XTP. Is it made by Koxx or is it made by another manufacturer?

Lastly, What is the Identiti judge frame for? Is it a street trials frame? Or is it for both street and natural trials? I have the same question for the DMR Sidekick as well. Is it for street or natural?

If anyone can give me advice I will appreciate it greatly. ;)

Edited by deadly venom

Both the Identiti and DMR were street frames, and their geometry is quite out of date and they are heavier.

The Czar is similar to the XTP and as such will be fairly expensive. For a first frame you'd probably be best looking in the 200-400 price range.

The BT's are nice, but it might also be worth looking at the Toxsin and Onza frames if you want something fairly long (1090ish).

Snappel, Thanks for the info. I am willing to spend about $650 for a frame. The Toxin frame maybe a little difficult to get here in the United States. I can get a Czar Ivan for about $650(American) which is much less expensive than the Koxx XTP which retails for $1050 here in America. I think the BT Raven 6.0 1100 retails for around $550. There are not that many frames that are less the $500 here in America. The only one that I can think of is the Planet X Alibongo. But I have been told that the Alibongo is not a good frame for heavier riders. :)