Forks

benno

Right, I snapped my Koxx Forxx off at the steerer (how predictable... bonded steerers suck!) and so I need some new forks. The KOT forks look rather appealing, but they're about 20mm apparently. I was wondering what sort of affect this would have on how the bike swaps/pigeons/whateveryouwanttocallits for example?

So if anyone could tell me how they would affect the riding or make other suggestions for forks then go ahead (please bear in mind I don't have too much money to spend here, and anyone suggesting anything with a bonded steerer will be stabbed). (Y)

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention I have a Koxx Levelboss 1100! Silly me...

Cheers guys,

Ben

Edited by benno

The Koxx, Toxsin, JB and Atomz forks all have that bonded steerer effort. The main problem is that the steerer tube tapers into the bonded area. Of course it's going to snap, what were they thinking?

The new Echo Hi-Fi forks are really nice (www.selectbikes.com) so they might be worth looking at.

What frame do you have?

The new control forks are pretty nice too. And they have the same lenght and look about the same as koxx forks, but with a welded steerer and a normal disc mount(not the +30mm one).

Or as mentioned above the new hifi forks, but controls are half the price.