Starting Out

cp101

There's a shit load of these, I bet, I feel like being redundant.I just started into this stuff, about a month ago, not even. I saw Ryan Leech do some stuff, and was mesmerized, I'm not going to lick his balls first chance I get, don't get me wrong, but, basically, he was the first trials rider I saw ( my friend has Manifesto, and popped it in one day ).

But I just got into this stuff, so, you guys have any sites with coherent explanations and hopefully videos so i can see the form on the rider, I wish I had the money for The Art of Trials, but, that isn't the case.

Welcome , hope you learn and stick at it . I expect you'll get linked to Trashzen sooner or later , it's a great site with good videos to learn from . Other than that , practice lots and learn from the peeps you ride with . And yes , Ryan Leech really is awesome .

May i introduce a really good cheap(ish) mod bike?!?

A onza T-pro 2005, they are awsome for the price and you cant go wrong with it, even some pro riders ride them!

all you have to do is... buy it :D

But they are £420 (maybe abit over your budget)

But IMO, best bike for money :P

Where you from neways mate?

May i introduce a really good cheap(ish) mod bike?!?

A onza T-pro 2005, they are awsome for the price and you cant go wrong with it, even some pro riders ride them!

all you have to do is... buy it (Y)

But they are £420 (maybe abit over your budget)

But IMO, best bike for money (Y)

Where you from neways mate?

I was born in Croatia, but I live in the states right now. NorthWest US, you, lots of rain, lots of pain riding.

I bought a used P3 ( bad idea, used bikes are a no-no ) Specialized, and started doing some urban assault stuff, like drops and getting my bunny hop higher, all that stuff. Wish I learned about trials before, it's so amazing, and just fits for me, I dunno.

I might invest in a trials bike, but currently I'm learning and need a rougher frame.

God, I love this stuff.

Hi there (Y)

Im new to trials as well, only just over a week since I got my trials bike but im having an awesome time as well!

Just going to do some uni work now, then as soon as Im finished Ill be out on the bike (Y)

The trashzen site is well worth a look at as mentioned, and trials-online.com has some good reading material/tips and vids also.

Good luck!

~Gaz

Edited by ghosts_cloak

(Y) Bones do heal but prevention is better than cure. I am an Orthopedic and Trauma Surgeon with many trials bakers as patients under my belt. The commonest injury I see is fracture clavicle (collar bone). Is this the experience of other riders? In terms of prevention the advice to build up techniques and skills is sound. Most of the injuries I manage are in the inexperienced first out on Christmas presents.

John