My Front Brake Makes Stupid Noises

poopipe

Ive got a louise FR on the front of my bike, it's not very old a month or two at most

If i pull the brake on enough to slow me down but not enough to do a stoppie it makes a nasty noise - like the the little holes in the rotor are pinging over something.

the brake still works, the rotor doesnt rub, it doesnt look bent, the pads are still in the caliper (well, the cotter pin's still there) and I can't possibly have worn them out yet so I cant figure out why its making the stupid noise.

I know nothing about discs so i haven't fiddled with it yet.

any ideas?

Thanks for my reccomendation :)"

;)

the fork mounts probarbly havent been faced, meaning the front/ back of the pad(edges) are getting slightly caught up in the rotor, its nowt to worry about and it should just go away asd the pads wear. if you dont want this, and want a better brake in the long run then face the fork mounts and set it up again :P

ta

Will

Theyre the standard forks off a t-mag, I wouldn't imagine they're engineered with surgical precision so that sounds highly plausible, which is good news - means i can ignore it.

Is facing getting the disk mount flattened properly by a nice man with the right kind of angle grinder?

Theyre the standard forks off a t-mag, I wouldn't imagine they're engineered with surgical precision so that sounds highly plausible, which is good news - means i can ignore it.

Is facing getting the disk mount flattened properly by a nice man with the right kind of angle grinder?

certainly not! ;)

get hold of a proper faciong tool if poss, if not then a stanley knife works :)

Will