Video Editing Help

joshywa

hey all

my old camera used to save video files as wma files but my new 1 save them as quick time files so can any one give me any sugestions what progam to use for editing with BOTH wma files and quick time file......... id prefer to get it of the net e.g. free but any help wud be great thanks :D

Edited by joshywa

Use Adobe premiere 6.5 or newer version as that is the best program to use full stop for editing videos and it will support quicktime files.

WMV files im not sure if that is compatable with adobe (It is with Windows movie maker as its a windows codec) but can be easily converted to mpeg files using tmpeg which will definatly work with adobe.

If your capturing using a firewire cable (ieee 1394) you may be able to capture straight into adobe premiere if it will pick your camcorder up (I have only found that it will pick sony camcorders up though) but may be worth a try

You can get Adobe premiere from kazaa or any other filesharing program, it is quite a daunting and complicated program at first but after a while its fairly straight forward

Hopefully this is of some help, Dan.

Edited by Danno