Bt Raven

deadly venom

Folks, I have two short questions. Does anyone here know if the aluminium used in the Raven 6.0 is U6 aluminium or the 7000 series aluminium? Lastly, I know I asked this question before but I will ask again, has anyone had any porblems with their Raven 6.0? I know these are trivial question but I have to know.

Thank you,

deadly venom

Edited by deadly venom

7005. It has the same density as U6 by the way. Don't get thinking you have to buy a frame with U6 tubing.. It's how the frame is put together and its geometry which will determine its life.

what the hell has the density of the alloy got to do with the price of eggs? :)

U6 has better Fatigue this is where you will find the frame has better desity or what ever your looking for in it. it takes i think i remember reading a 7/8 page article on it that alex richardson printed off and it said that the properties of U6 are 3 times the fatigue of any normal aluminium tube.

Waynio..........................

its a proven thing that U6 is probably the best material to use on a trials frame.

Thanks for the info.

What is the average life span of the BT frames and zoo frames?

I must say that I do enjoy coming to this website. I did not know that the British were such bad dudes!!

I used to think that BMX riders in the U.S. were hardcore, I have come to the conclusion that British top us!! You guys do it all, jumping of walls, jumping of walls onto shaky parking lot gates, riding trials bikes in the house hopping around on the mattress and crashing in the bath tub. Best trials forum on the net!

Ride on,

Deadly Venom

Edited by deadly venom

HAHA Rich will be pleased you said that!! :)

There isnt really an 'average' life span of either zoo or BT frames as they are of a very good quality and rarely hear of them breaking. I know only 1 BT has cracked around the BB but that had been through 3 different riders, one being Matt Staples (top rider) before cracking so you would kind of expect it.

:)

its a proven thing that U6 is probably the best material to use on a trials frame.

if we dis-regard costs though, there are other options available, such alloys as ZR9000 (trek/gary fisher) are almost dent resistent (apparantly) but would be very expensive to produce.

But as wayne says i would say that U6 alloy is the best for trials, mine is 7005 and its fairly decent, although fairly standard.

meh, i reckon wayne could dent anything though :huh: