New V-brakes

am4zin

hs33's are undoubtedly good but not what im after; im an absolute beginner and the back wheel so far has been locking up ok, so im going to stick with v-brakes. apparantly a decent v-brake set up can be almost, if not as good as hydraulic brakes (im not intending to start an argument on hydraulic vs. cable brakes here!), and they're less hassle as well :rolleyes:

don't get parrellel push vee's the are poo for trials, the linkages goes all wobbly and crap

get a get either avid sd3, 5 or 7, cane creak dc3 or even deore on the cheap, some xt levers and odyessy linear slic cable, good pads and booster :rolleyes: and your away.

hi i don't wana sound like a prik but...

if you claim your v brake is as good as/better than a magura hydrolic then why are you getting a new one?

ollie wacko.gif

he said that vee's can be as good as maguras, but he also said he wants to upgrade to a better vee brake, which implies he has a poor type of vee brake maybe a no name brand, which is probably poo.

mike

don't get parrellel push vee's the are poo for trials, the linkages goes all wobbly and crap

get a get either avid sd3, 5 or 7, cane creak dc3 or even deore on the cheap, some xt levers and odyessy linear slic cable, good pads and booster :rolleyes: and your away.

he said that vee's can be as good as maguras, but he also said he wants to upgrade to a better vee brake, which implies he has a poor type of vee brake maybe a no name brand, which is probably poo.

mike

ok sorry i must of read the post wrong

ollie

deores if you skint

sd7s are the ebst middle range brakes

avid ultimates if you feelin pimp and want THE best rim brake out there...

advoid brakes like xtr, xt, archrival as they use shitty linkages that really dont help.....

next thing: levers

xtr or avid ultimate levers are the ONLY levers id ever use now, but if you skint deores are probably the best budget lever out

cables: odyssey linear slicks are superb, but if you have money to burn then nokons for me have been pretty feckin awesome

and finally: pads

if you gonna run a v on the back its vital to run some good pads, i recomend plaz crvs, or spanish flies if you are on a budget-heatsinks are average but thye are the same price as crvs so just go plaz <_<

on my mod i run: xtr lever blade in xt body, linear slick, ultimate callipers and crvs (red compound)

and on my stock i run: avid ultimate lever and callipers, linear slick and crvs (yellow)

both brakes are incredible but expensive-i found that my previous set up on avid 1.9 levers, deore callipers, linear slicks and spanish flies was damn good for the money and easily equalled a magura, wheras my current setups surpass maguras ive found

o yeah and companies to get them from: chain reaction cycles for the callipers and levers, tarty bikes for the pads, and alans bmx for the cables

have fun

ok sorry i must of read the post wrong

ollie

yeh at the moment the v-brakes on it are just the standard ones that came with it; they're 'promax' ones and i dont think too much off them, even though at the moment theyre doing ok, but thats probably because im still a beginner!