Brushed Finish On A Frame

caddis

one of my friends got that sort of finish on his old forks by using a wire brush drill piece on a dril and lightly going over the forks, came out really well as i have a toxsin frame in brushed/raw finish and the finish was almost identical

i used a wire brush to remove old paint from some forks and they came up polished, they would of needed a bit of buffing up to be extra shiney and maybe a clear coat but they were pretty damn close with barely any effort.

I would say do the lot with a medium harsh wire brush, then buff it all up with something a bit softer. (Y)

Also did the same thing with my steal wheels on my car, and some of them came up quite shiney, so if you're frame is steal the same would apply. :blink:

If you do manage to get a good brushed alloy finish using a wire brush or flapper attachment on a drill, then you could apply a few thin layers of clear coat paint/lacquer to it in order to protect the finish and finish the look. :blink:

Edited by MSM