Building A New Bike Yey!

ollie

is title says how can you help me and tell me what else i need to make my bike complete

i have already decided on

frame+bash+bb zona zip

wheel? not sure need help

head set???

forks onza light guys

freewheel????

bars echo

pedals onza shin digs

stem t-master

innertube maxxis

tyres maxxis creepy crawlers

grips try all foam

cranks????

chain????

any thing else i need please let me know

and ???????? means i havent got that yet and would appreciate advice on what to get

also advice is welcom if you think i should change any of the things i have mentioned

p.s i ant trying to keep the price as close to £550 as posible

thanks for your help

ollie :blink:

is title says how can you help me and tell me what else i need to make my bike complete

i have already decided on

frame+bash+bb zona zip

wheel? not sure need help

head set???

forks onza light guys

freewheel????

bars echo

pedals onza shin digs

stem t-master

innertube maxxis

tyres maxxis creepy crawlers

grips try all foam

cranks????

chain????

any thing else i need please let me know

and ???????? means i havent got that yet and would appreciate advice on what to get

also advice is welcom if you think i should change any of the things i have mentioned

p.s i ant trying to keep the price as close to £550 as posible

thanks for your help

ollie :blink:

KMC Kool Chain from www.supercycles.co.uk

Tesile or zoo! cranks from www.tartybikes.co.uk

ACS claws freewheel from www.supercycles.co.uk

If its a internal headset, then a cane creak one, from www.chainreactioncycles.co.uk

Which wheels you need? front or rear?

How much money have you got to spend?

you need some brakes ( maguras if enough hope disk ), chain ( kmc), back hub (t-master), front hub ( hope xc), rims ( echo cnc), free whell ( if enough profile if not acs locktited ), headset ( cane creek or hope depending on money) , if you get as much as you can from one shop you might be able make a deal with them saving money so you can upgrade other parts. hope this helps

frame+bash+bb zona zip you havent stated what bb you are getting? get a un52 from shimano, and as for the bash, id recomend a echo bash that goes on your cranks-it looks better and i personally think it feels better

wheel? not sure need help onza t-master rear wheel, hope xc on reggie is a good combo if you wanna run a disc, otherwise a t master front wheel is fine for a v/magura

head set??? fsa pig is a solid reliable choice, or try a cane creek s2 is you fancy catridge bearings

forks onza light guys im not so sure on these, id recomend either the chepest onza steel forks or if you want to be pimper/lighter/want a disc mount get the echo easy forks-they are immense

freewheel? an acs claw should tide you well, otherwise an eno trials freewheel is very good indeed but costly

bars echo i dont mind the echo flatties, they are solid, but personally id try some risers, eastopn ea70s are a reliable choice and a similiar price to echo bars

pedals onza shin digscouldnt think of anyhting better (Y)

stem t-master good choice

innertube maxxis i found standard bmx tubes to be fine, i never get pinches when combined with.......

tyres maxxis creepy crawlers the ultimate tyre for mods i have found

grips try all foamim not a foam fan, but meh your choice, id get something along the lines of dmr zip grips cos i like them

cranks????echo cranks are great budget ffw cranks

chain?? kmx kool

you will also be needing:

stem stackerseasily missed and its very likely you will need some, you really cant go wrong on these as they are just bits of alloy cut into different thicknesses

brakes well on ther back, you have a 4 bolt fixing so you will need a magura which is the most popular choice, get the 2004 hs33 for the best lever, and dont forget you will need 4 bolt clamps as well, for the front i suggest a nice v brake set up, like an avid sd7 lever and calliper, perhaps a magura if ou buy a set, and if you have the correct disc compatible forks and front hub, get a disc brake, the avid juicy range pisses over everything ive ever used, they really should be hyped up more

end plugs should come with you grips, but otherwise a valuable little bit of plastic/alloy that will stop you having bars go through you body as easily

crank boltsshould come with the bb, but remeber that allenkey heads are the best for ease of use

chain tugsyou need 10mm tugs, any kind of bmx thing will do, i use an old set of diamondback tusga dn they gimme no problems, or you could try snail cams which alot of mod riders also like

brake booster heatsink boosters are looking to be good, the old echo booster is probably my favourite though

pads plaz crms or koxx browns every time for the rear on a magura, for a front maggy the same will be damn fine, for a front v, heatsink/plaz v pads, and for a disc leave them standard and upgrade to ebc red pads when they wear down

cant think of much else, but thats a good spec, but will cost more than 550 unless you go secondhand which is a good idea