Bedding In A Magura Louise?

ollie

Mine was amazing from the second i put it on, just AMAZING power!

But if yours just slides along, just go along fast and do some big stoppies (or try) then pour water all over the rotor and caliper and repeat. watch out cause the brake will become VERY sharp! lol as i found out :D :P :D

I've had the same brake for a few months now, when I first got it it was a bit poo and everyone told me to ride down hills and blip the brake on and off. I did that for few days and it started to work quite well.

I read somewhere that holding the brake halfway on and riding down hills for too long can cause the pads to glaze over which makes them cack so i tried to avoid that.

I read somewhere that holding the brake halfway on and riding down hills for too long can cause the pads to glaze over which makes them cack so i tried to avoid that.

True (ish)

If you put too much water on, when it isnt very hot, then it can glaze the pads, but this means LOADS of water and letting it set on the pads without evapourating.

The water cleans all the shit off the pads and rotor when your pull the brake, making it ALOt more grabby at first, but once bedded in properly, when you get loads of water on, it was down the performance intill its dry again :blink: (mine does anyways)

No need for this reply really, but i just wonderd how much you payed for that spec? because i payed 500 for my T-Mag and it came with Avid BBDB. :blink:

Mat

was that aimed at me? if so then i payed £500 onza/magura ran out of the louise for a while so the t-mag was getting sold with the avid! :lol:

and if it wasnt aimed at me stab me with a blunt, rusty kichen kinfe!

ollie