Adamant A1

chocolatefoot

ok people i use to have a bt4 as sum may remember but i done the silly thing of selling it.

have been looking at an adamant a1 frame (1090wb) but i am unsure because of the 50+mm bb height?

i would run it with the echo control stem so it should be ok, jus lookin for people who have them, pics of them and specs.

thanks

tom

The frame looks sexy and feels stiff, twitchy, and like a small bike. I have the 1095.

The high bb makes you have to adjust some techniques, mainly taps, and the bash nearly doesn't hit at all on hooks! You can roll right up.

Gaps: lean more forward.

Side hops: More leg room=higher.

I love it!

My old bike was the Pitbull by the way.

run the low hifi stem designed for the pitbull,adamant,czar and gu (Y)

look sexy those Adamants :P (Y)

I would agree there, then if you do get it the bars wont feel too high compared to your current bike. I really really want a czar but I have to get some money first. When I do (by christmas probably) I will be purchasing the czar frame and the low hi-fi stem, then just using my zoo bars. (Y)

:D

pb1500605qa.th.jpg

Pic doesnt do it justise as it was dark. But its the only time i had a chance as im working full time at the moment :D

I went out for a ride tonight and i must say i am really impressed :D I had a koxx level boss 1065 before and this dosent feel any differnt reach wise whilst trackstanding ect. but when you have the front wheel on something for wheel swapping etc the extra wheel base is really noticable.

On the backwheel is where the frame really excels as it feels so light (like backhopping without your front wheel in) it is also very stable as i can now setup for side hopping and stall on the backwheel for ages before preloading. The bb rise is not really that noticable in terms of feel as it is not over the top (about +50mm) but does still offer the advantages of bb rise such as amazing clearence and ease of lifting the front wheel etc. anther posotive aspect of this frame is the very low standover hieght this enables you to get down low when gapping and really suck up your hops. As well as improved all round manoverbility for balancing etc.

In terms of build quality i cant really fault the frame especially for the £275 i paid for it :) All the welds are neat and tidy and the tubing especially the head tube looks very thick and strong. Yet it still comes in at under 2kg which is alot lighter then my old frame and is really noticeable in the final overall weight of the bike. The frame also features many nice bits of CNC around the bb area where the BB shell and begining of the chainstays are all one part. Aswell as the built in booster that is very effective and feels as stiff as my old frame did with a large CNC booster on. My only gripe with the frame would be the cable routing as it is quite pooh (Y) As there are only two clips on the whole thing (Y) but this is only looks and not preformance related so im not going to cry over it :D Although brake and rear wheel elingment is very crucial on my bike due to having a 47mm rim and 2.5 tyre. I had to dish the wheel perfectly central and set up the pads very close to get my cranks to clear my maggie cylinders with a 128mm bb even now they only clear it by about 1mm and this is with worn pads :D . But i need a new rim and im going to get a ronnie which is narrower so this problem should be solved :)

SO

Posotive

lightweight

flickable

amazing back wheel control

good build quality

cheap

god standover

stiff

Negative

Cable routing

Colour scratches easy (theory only not yet scratched :D )

wheel clearence tight (although this is with a 47mm rim and 2.5 tyre)

Maggie/ crank clearence very tight (again due to big rim)