Hopping Problems?

kb_trialer

I found that if you are falling to one side lets say to your left. Try and compensate it by delibritley falling to your right. Do this a few times untill you can fall to whatever side you want then give it another go and put all your effort into keeping it central. I know it might sound like a funny way to learn but it helps :turned:

practice practice practice..

im crap at hopping but i got a couple of tips recently that helped a lot.

1. bendy legs are good - you should find you can balance for quite a while without hopping by moving your body around on the bike. compressing on landing will reduce the shock through the bike and prevent it from pulling you where it wants to go rather than where you want to go.

2. lazy is good - only hop when you need to adjust your balance rather than hopping for the sake of it. little, relaxed hops are better than big hops cos you can control the forces when you land better

3. use the pedals to move the bike about - if you tend to move backwards while hopping , doing tiny little pedalkicks will keep you in the right place.

4. when you're in the air, release the back brake and level the pedals out - this puts you in the right body position for the next hop.

It's a bit like a pogo-stick when you feel yourself falling over to the right you will push the bottom of the pogo-stick further out to the right when you are in the air then land like that to balance yourself out it's pretty much the same with trials.

Try to use your legs more than your arms so push you up and keep bouncing, just small jumps is all you need. :turned:

i practised loads mate, outside on you drive or road look for stones or stuff and try and hop on each thing, it helped me loads and also hoppin towards the edge of a curb just c how long you can keep it on the edge of a drop

hope this helps mate keep practisin :turned: