Wtd: Alternative Digital Crocus Support!

Heatsink

Hi.

At present Digital Crocus have lots of problems with their accounts, and it's a good excuse for me to finally start using an external email prog which surely can only be better than their "Squirrel Mail"!

I actually received an email from Keiron at Digi croc pointing me in the direction of Thunderbird. It looks good, but I can't find all the setup details I need to download my emails from the HeatsinkBikes account, and at this time there's a very slim chance of getting any help from DC.

I'm sure that others have already sorted this out for their DC accounts or others - I'd love some info on the DC email info I need to use, or anything else I need to know. I've already had a go but it doesn't connect successfully which could either be my info is wrong (I've guessed the SMTP address! Plus I haven't had to enter my password anywhere) or the DC mail thingy is not working for this, just as it's not working for normal messages in Squirrel mail.

Steve

try using mail.digital-crocus.com, smpt.digital-crucus.com, pop.digital-crocus.com or pop3.digital-crucus.com for the mail addresses. Or if they've bothered to set it up yet - mail.heatsinkbikes.com, smpt.heatsinkbikes.com, pop.heatsinkbikes.com or pop3.heatsinkbikes.com

You wont be asked for a password until you press the connect button when itll ask for your username aswell. Thisll most likely be steve@heatsinkbikes.com or whatever your email addy is (Y)

Sure someone will be along soon with a more accurate answer (Y)

Does Digital Crocus has Cpanel ? (usually yourdomain.com/cpanel)

If so just click the First icon (mail), then Manage/Add/Remove Accounts, then click 'configure mail client'. If your using Outlook it'll just auto setup, if your using thunderbird you'll need to enter the details manually.

All you need from the server is:

Mail Server Username: (usually your email address prefix or sometimes yourname+yourdomain.com, with the + in place of @)

Mail Server Password: The one you picked

Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com (or alike smpt, pop3 etc)

Outgoing Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com (or alike smpt, pop3 etc)

And then a client such as thunderbird to enter them into. Click connect and you're away. Not much more to it, just gotta make sure your 4 details above are correct (Y)

The site allows you to log on, but the web email doesn't allow you to read messages, only see them sat in your inbox! Also the filemanager thingy isn't uploading, although I've just been told it's working now. DC Support have actually been replying to my emails which is much appreciated (Y)

Thanks for all your help guys - I'm hoping to get this prog working shortly!

Steve

Sorry to be off topic but can anyone get on to the Digital-Crocus site? I haven't been able to for ages. (Y)