Bigger Rotor? Addaptors?

ollie

having a bigger rotor will make the brake more powerful, i used to have a magura julie on my onza (god bless her soul) it could only fit a 160mm rotor, until i bodged 1 up, to get it to fot a 180mm, it did make a difference, but i don't advise bodging up an adapter. (takes too long to make) but if you desperatly want it, then bodge 1 up, doesnt look as lush though.

Try crc and local bike shops to see if they can order, im sure i've seen some somewhere, on an online bike shop, think it was crc, but you should be able to buy one. (Y)

Edited by Monty Boy

aluminium step plate, i was desperate for it, and i couldn't be arsed to buy one, so i bodged one up, first time i got the sizes right, it bend, to i made another two, and welded loads of small strips to them, one for both sizes of the adapter. if that makes sense. hasn't bent at all,

EBC make them, you can get them in +20mm to convert say 160mm to 180 or +4omm to convert a 160 to a 203mm rotor (i know its 3 mm over 40 but there we go (Y) ). Theres usually some of them on ebay and theres almost always some disc rotors going for fairly decent prices on ebay.

Alternatively you can try the woolly hat shop www.woollyhatshop.com they sell A2Z disc rotor conversion kits at a standard price and i think they also sell different style rotors as well

Or even wiggle do them www.wiggle.co.uk

you might also be better off trying some new pads first, everyone seems to recommend the EBC red pads. This is what i have just bought but i have to wait till tomorrow before the postman brings them to me. I would imagine that you will notice the power difference with a larger rotor but you might be better off trying new pads first. thats what i'm doing and my 160mm disc is on a stock bike as well.

EBC make them, you can get them in +20mm to convert say 160mm to 180 or +4omm to convert a 160 to a 203mm rotor (i know its 3 mm over 40 but there we go :( ). Theres usually some of them on ebay and theres almost always some disc rotors going for fairly decent prices on ebay.

Alternatively you can try the woolly hat shop www.woollyhatshop.com they sell A2Z disc rotor conversion kits at a standard price and i think they also sell different style rotors as well

Or even wiggle do them www.wiggle.co.uk

you might also be better off trying some new pads first, everyone seems to recommend the EBC red pads. This is what i have just bought but i have to wait till tomorrow before the postman brings them to me. I would imagine that you will notice the power difference with a larger rotor but you might be better off trying new pads first. thats what i'm doing and my 160mm disc is on a stock bike as well.

let me know how the pads are when you get them

thanks

ollie