Exeter Ride

Rob_P

Sorry Rob, don't mean to piss on your strawberries. The whole Canon Vs Nikon debate is almost a religious war.

Enjoy your new toy, and keep up the great shots!

No I was actually being serious, thanks. :P

In no way have you pissed on my strawberries, no matter what people say it's a fantastic camera and no one can deny that. Words cant describe how happy I am to have it after such a long wait. Its a beast, no ones gonna say anything to put me off cus I know it's perfect!

I was meaning maybe some constructive crit? or maybe not, if you just wanna say there fine...then thats cool.

Cheers mate

Rob :P :P

Right, better late than never, a few comments on the pic themselves...

gallery_4006_441_64304.jpg

Warm cast, a little too pink. The composition is interesting, but where has the rider come from? Where is he going? Maybe it works as an image, but lacks some punch. Having the rider's face covered doesn't help either.

gallery_4006_441_24789.jpg

Good, nice puncy image. Flash bordering on too bright, but I think you're just on the right side! Only minor criticism is that you've cut off the bottom of his backwheel. Allow yourself a little space around the image and crop.

gallery_4006_441_89452.jpg

Good focal point in the foreground, but it's too bright (I'm guessing you used flash...) and it distracts from the rest of the image and the rider. Again, the composition is slightly too high, with a lot of unused space at the top of the image.

gallery_4006_441_94755.jpg

I'd have liked this more if the rider was central in the frame, again there's dead space on the right. Nice choice of lighting though, really bringing the rider out, not putting him in shadow. People watching is a nice touch, but they're slightly in the wrong place.

gallery_4006_441_64016.jpg

Great rider position, but a wasted opportunity. It almost seems to me like "Is he landing? Is he taking off? Is he going to the ledge? The green rail?" A lot of wasted space around the image again too.

And you lost the bottom of the tyre again.

gallery_4006_441_68031.jpg

Again, very good with lovely afternoon sun, but the rider would look better centered in the frame. You could do a tight, tall crop, but if the camera had pointed slightly more right, then it would look better.

gallery_4006_441_94119.jpg

This is the kind of shot that would look good in a magazine, with text over the sky (which is blown out, btw). Interesting angle, good execution with tight DoF.

gallery_4006_441_69969.jpg

Tough shot, but done well. Night shots are tough, and I can't tell if these are super sharp, but it looks good, with good composition too.

gallery_4006_441_39196.jpg

Too tight, cutting off bits of the graffiti. Nice idea though.

gallery_4006_441_45359.jpg

And everyone loves a sunset :'()