Exeter Ride

Rob_P

Hey guys and gals.

Whiteboy, Steve and myself went to Exeter yesterday, and o what a day it was!

Met up with Andri Burton and Joe seddon in the end which was cool as they showed us some stuff we never knew was there.

Awsome weather and also got some filming done for new vid.

Heres some photos....

gallery_4006_441_64304.jpg

gallery_4006_441_24789.jpg

gallery_4006_441_89452.jpg

gallery_4006_441_94755.jpg

gallery_4006_441_64016.jpg

gallery_4006_441_68031.jpg

gallery_4006_441_94119.jpg

gallery_4006_441_69969.jpg

then it just went all arty... :P

gallery_4006_441_39196.jpg

gallery_4006_441_45359.jpg

All taken with Nikon D70s

baring in mind i've had it since wednesday :)

Please leave comments good or bad

Cheers

Rob :P :D

yeh wat a mint day it was!

Ted those pics have come out so well, new cam is a bit of a beast!

Thanks andrei and joe for opening our eyes to more in exeter, used to think it was turd, but it turns out to be ratehr minta!

Cheers Pie

Whiteboy, Steve and myself went to........

Is that prawn on his hi shite?

:) Have a wild guess

sweet mate, great cam that (S5600) :P

Whiteboy also had his camera out so expect him to be posting some pics in here soon

:P

Edited by Rob P

Lovely pics Rob, that one of steve preloading looks mint!

and that drop gap over the river that steve did is a lot harder when the waters higher! :P

You and steve fancy some taunton loving next weekend? :P :)

Can't wait for the vid.

See you fellas soon.

Rich

Edited by karsonlevoret

Loving the contrast of the bright rider and blurred background in number two.

Fourth one from bottom wouldve been really nice if the pedals were nice n shiny, or taking it from the axle bolts perhaps?

Have you ever used a Canon 350d? Im choosing between d70s and the 350d, and im being swayed by the canon because i've got some lenses i can use with it. Make me buy a nikon!

What camera do you use tom? Some of them look better quality than the ones rob took.

Edited by Hobnobs

I never went to any of those places when I rode Exeter... Rich I blame you :)

Nice pics, need to go there again.

Thats because we went there about five years ago! I know I couldn't do any of that kind of stuff that long ago. You defianetly got to come down for a ride sometime fred, Exeter is well worth it.

Nice pics whiteboy, liking the ones of Steve mid drop gap. :P

Really want to ride Exeter now...

Rich

Loving the contrast of the bright rider and blurred background in number two.

Fourth one from bottom wouldve been really nice if the pedals were nice n shiny, or taking it from the axle bolts perhaps?

Have you ever used a Canon 350d? Im choosing between d70s and the 350d, and im being swayed by the canon because i've got some lenses i can use with it. Make me buy a nikon!

What camera do you use tom? Some of them look better quality than the ones rob took.

I personally cant stand the 350D, it just in no way appeals to me. A mates got one and it's just like yeh great....it just dosent have that WOW factor. It may for some but definatly not for me. It may also be 8mp as asopsed to 6.1mp but who needs big mps unless your going to be printing over A4 all the time, certinatly not me. In an A4 print you woudlnt be able to tell the difference between 6 and 8 anyway.

The kit lens on the Nikon is much better than canons.

I had to wait a LONG time for my camera to come through, theres a serious lack of them atm but I think production is starting to pick up again.

But when I did get it, it's just like oh my god this is a beast, its solid and feels more like a proper camera ( O wait it is.......) :D

Just get the Nikon, seriously!

Baring in mind mine have been compressed from 3mb a photo to like 120k or whatever so they hardly look great on here.

you keeping hold of your fugi 5000/5500 (i forget) Rob?? or you going to be passing it on to someone else for a good price? :):)

Yes I am, if I had a pound for every time someone had offered to buy it I probably could of bought a new lens ;)

(S5500)

Cheers peeps

Rob :P :P

Keep em comin

Edited by Rob P

Just get the Nikon, seriously!

Damn Nikon users...

Right, let me offer a little balance here. Being a Canon user myself (along with, I might add, all the top MTB photographers in the UK, as well as the majority of press and sport photographers world wide) then I have found the Canon dSLRs to have outstanding build quality, and really great ergonomics. Not to mention excellent support from third-party equipment manufacturers and software providers (Not something you'll find with the encrypted white balance data in Nikon RAW files!)

The kit lens may not be the greatest lens available - Some people nickname it the dog toy - there are plenty of others available, including very well priced lenses from Sigma and Tamron which you can use. Plus if you already have some Canon EF lenses, then why junk them, and have to buy them all over again? Save money, save time, buy Canon, start shooting.

Plus the Canon 'L' lenses give gorgeous pictures...

As far as megapixels go, yes you won't notice a huge difference between 6 and 8 mp (and I've done huge prints off 6.1mp, as anyone at Hookwoods will attest to) but it does mean you have more image data per picture, and if you crop your image a little, then you can quickly turn a 6 mp image into a 4 mp one. Start with 8, crop, and end up on 6.

At the end of the day, you'll find Nikon users and Canon users. It's very rare to find someone who has used both. You'll get good pictures with either, but if you have Canon glass, and you're used to how Canon's work, then go Canon.

If you didn't, then I'd suggest going to Jessops and trying them both. They're both good cameras, it's more a case of finding one that you find easy, logical and comfortable to use.