Headset Or Forks?

ogre

Was out with my mate rob he's just got a second hand T-pro (old blue one with square frame, bit silly realy) he got it for like £50 so he can't complain but his forks move funny, like there loose but we tried the bolt bit at the bottom of the stem but it was dead tight, but the forks move forwards and backwards <----> when he stops etc any ideas on whats died, or needs replacing?

I would check that the head set cups are neatly in place on the frame and that all the spacers for the headset are in place (i forgot to put one in once and immediately the forks were loose).

The star fangled nut could have pulled to the top of the steerer, or the steerer is too long and its pulling against the steerer instead of the stem. Check it out.

Cheers,

Alex

Hey, theres loads of things it could be

1) steer tube is too long causing the steer tube to just tighten against the top cap.

2) Peices of headset are missing.

3) Headset cracked, broken

and loads more...but they are the common ones i doubt your forks have snapped

But the little ring that goes on the bottom of your forks may not fit your headset.

Obviously your forks could of cracked or snapped but thats very unlikely.

Your best bet is to first take the screw out the starfangle nut, and if your forks

are in line with the top of ur stem, you either need to put some spacing in or,

cut ur forks down. You havent said its stiff so it does sound like the steer needs

chopping down, your forks should tighten up enough so it doesent move no

matter what. so if ur forks are the right size and fine, take it apart and look for damage and missing parts and report back here :closedeyes:

cheers andy