Anyone Know Anything About Adobe Prem 6.5 Installation

joe b

Hey, i've tried to get this Adobe Premiere 6.5 thing working on my computer so i dont have to put up with 6.0 anymore. But it's not installing :huh: . I downloaded it off of Limewire, then i extracted the whole file and there was a bundle of files on there own.

There is:

' _INST32I.EX_ ' ' _ISDEL.EXE ' ' _SETUP.DLL ' ' _SETUP.LIB ' ' ARCHIVE.Z ' ' ISDBGN.DLL '

' README.WRI ' ' Serial.txt ' ' setup.bmp ' ' SETUP.EXE ' ' SETUP.INI ' ' SETUP.INS ' ' SETUP.PKG '

' SVGView.exe ' .

Now im guessing the only files i really need to focus on are ARCHIVE.Z as it is a zip file that is 145 MB, so theres gotta be something in there! And SETUP.EXE as that is the installation file...

But i can't extract ARCHIVE.Z, as when i try this message appears:

' Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.

If you downloaded this file, try downloading it again. '

And when i try and open the SETUP.EXE file, this comes up:

' 16 Bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.'

Sorry if im talking a load of bullshit but when it comes to computers i only know the basics! :) So if you can help then that it great, but if you can't then dont shout at me... ;)

Thanks a lot,

Joe.

It will unpackage anything itself. It should run if you just use SETUP.EXE. If not, try opening serial.txt, as there might be some instructions in there.

:huh: I wish! ;) In serial.txt, it just tells you the serial code. Daym... Thanks for the hint anyway :) .

Cheers,

Joe.

It wont work. You downloaded it :huh: Even if you get it going, you'll have lots of problems and you wont be able to edit much... dunno why, many people have had the same problem(s) in the past.

Trials-Forum doesn't support the use of Downloaded Software anyway, so dont go posting about it again, or you could be banned.

J.

Edited by trialmedia

It wont work. You downloaded it :) Even if you get it going, you'll have lots of problems and you wont be able to edit much... dunno why, many people have had the same problem(s) in the past.

J.

Ah, ok, Jonny ;) . So if i were to get the disc copied off someone, lets see... Some who is really really really special and loves me loads :huh: B) then i will send them a tenner for the postage and their efforts. Then maybe i could use the serial code i have to work it fully... How's that sound? Think it'd work.

Cheers,

Joe. (Y)

It wont work. You downloaded it :) Even if you get it going, you'll have lots of problems and you wont be able to edit much... dunno why, many people have had the same problem(s) in the past.

Riiiight :huh:

It's not a problem with what you downloaded (PS Downloading software is bad), it's a problem with Windows generally. Seeing as it could be a problem with any program you try to install (legally or otherwise), I'll help.

Click this link ;)

:)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Dec 5 2005, 09:20 PM)

Ah, ok, Jonny ;) . So if i were to get the disc copied off someone, lets see... Some who is really really really special and loves me loads :huh: B) then i will send them a tenner for the postage and their efforts. Then maybe i could use the serial code i have to work it fully... How's that sound? Think it'd work.

Cheers,

Joe. (Y)

No it wouldnt. Tomm has the right idea, however. May solve the problem(s)... best of luck, dont d/l.

J.

Trials-Forum doesn't support the use of Downloaded Software anyway, so dont go posting about it again, or you could be banned.

J.

OK, thanks. None of the below have worked. So ive had a look on the internet for Adobe Premiere 6.5 to buy in the shops and i can't find it anywhere! :) Jonny where did you get it from and what price am i looking at here?

Cheers,

Joe.

Edited by joe b

Thats probably because 6.5 is out of date now?

I use premiere pro now, the latest version I believe?

I have that on my computer too. But i have Windows 2000, and 7.0 / Pro 1.5 doesn't work on that. :(

Cheers,

Joe.

Riiiight :huh:

It's not a problem with what you downloaded (PS Downloading software is bad), it's a problem with Windows generally. Seeing as it could be a problem with any program you try to install (legally or otherwise), I'll help.

Click this link :)

I luv you! :wub::wub:

Thanks a lot matey!

Cheers,

Joe.