Could Do With Some Help

mod_rider

Hi there,

Basically the other night I had a crash, and the bumper, bonnet, front wing and what I thought was one of those crumple plates had been smashed in. I assumed it would be fixable, but after taking it to a garage they said it was a right off, because it's the chassis.

What I want to know, is there any way of trying to salvage the car, like buying parts of a chassis and replacing them, or won't this work?

Any help is much appreciated,

Cheers

I BELIVEĀ¬!!! "dont quote me to this!" basically you can replace any outer parts of the car but you cannot change the chassiss at all because now it has taken the impact and crumpled its like a bicicle helmet it cannot be simple bent re shaped cut and welded or anything it just doesnt work! but then again im 16 and drive a ped :$lol

Yeah that's why I think it's been written off in their eyes, although I'm not sure, because the guy at the garage said it was a write off because it would cost more to fix than the car. Which must mean it's fixable, and wondered if there wer scrapyards or anything where you could get it done cheaply.

Edited by mod_rider

The technical term is not being ecconimal to repair which basically the parts and workman ship would cost more than the price of the car hence it being labeled a write off. My sister wrote off her ped although it looks good the frame was bent back slightly. so yea it can be repaired! anything can be repaired you know new chassis new bumpers it is possible cheaper to buy a replacment car lol

If the chassis fecked mate - just imagine the cost & labour involved in switching/dismantling all of your car, and transfering it to a new chassis - if the chassis/crumple zones are affected, there's a good chance there's a lot of damage/weakening both visible & non-visible; to other surrounding structures. Frankly, I'm not suprised they'd write it off...

Sorry to hear about it though...

Derv