Hole In A Hs33 Hose

bikerboysam1

Right, I am going to order a new HS33 brake for my trials bike, but I still want to get this one working so that I can put it onto my jump bike. What has happened, is that I have a hole in the hose, and don't know how I can fix it. So I was just wondering if you could help. Maybe an 'Olive'? Or a new bit of hose. (If I need a new bit of hose, where can I purchase this?) Cheers.

Here's a pic of where the hole is. :-

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sam

Putting fittings into the hosing isn't quite as easy as it sounds, you'll need a vice and these sort of polystyrene block things. tighten the hose in so about 4-5mm sticks out the top and bash the fittings in with a hammer, it could take some persuading.

Edited by Joe_Elding

Try warming the hose up with a hairdryer/heatgun to make it easier to push the nipples in. Lube them up with a bit of oil too. Not speaking from specific experience, just stating what makes sense to me.

Good thought mate, I will probably just buy the hose and then just do that, but how do I get the current hose off? Would the 'hairdryer' trick work for that too?

Thanks,

Sam (Y)(Y)(Y)

dont warm it up as it WILL weaken the hosejust have to use the hammer and vice technique! all parts including bleed kit hose fittings and "vice clamps" available in a magura serive kit! instructions available on magura website!!

you dont need to get a new brake, all you need to do is take the cable out of the splitter and the calaper, replace that with new cable the same size al the other piece, then connect the connector on 1 end and attach the other end back onto the splitter. but to connect the cable back to the splitter you will proberbly need a vise etc...

this link shows you how to connect the splitter back up... http://cleanbikes.co.uk/FAQs/Fitting_a_splitter.htm (Y)

you dont need to get a new brake, all you need to do is take the cable out of the splitter and the calaper, replace that with new cable the same size al the other piece, then connect the connector on 1 end and attach the other end back onto the splitter. but to connect the cable back to the splitter you will proberbly need a vise etc...

this link shows you how to connect the splitter back up...http://cleanbikes.co.uk/FAQs/Fitting_a_splitter.htm (Y)

y dont u just bye a new hose its not hard lol :-(Y)

Thanks for the enlightenment there boys, don't know what we woulda done without you...

im sure you could repair the hose, bitta sticky back plastic and rtoilet paper ;)

but, seriousley. superglue and some rubber would patch it.

I don't think it would mate, because:

Firstly, if you think about it, there must be loads of pressure going throught that hose;

Secondly, I already tried something like that and it still leaked;

Thirdly, I spoke to Dave at TartyBikes yeasterday, and he said that it would need a new hose;

Finally, I have just ordered a new hose and a new brake.

Thanks a lot though,

Sam (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)