Rb Leaver Being Wierd,

ian

hi there,

i had water in my rb until recently went it started getting cold but when i flushed the system out nad replaced it with mineral oil the brake went really wierd, in the sense it worked for a few pulls of the lever then it didnt work at all. i have checked all the seals and they are perfectly fine took it to pieces and cleaned it all and it is fine. anyone got any ideas?

cheers ian

im not sure really, i re-bled it several times, and it pulled several times then when i pulled the lever again the pads didnt work,

i have cleaned it all out etc and im going to try it again, it may have been the piston sticking in the lever,

and i have got my maggy lever on there at the moment but it feels shot compared to it

im not sure really, i re-bled it several times, and it pulled several times then when i pulled the lever again the pads didnt work,

i have cleaned it all out etc and im going to try it again, it may have been the piston sticking in the lever,

and i have got my maggy lever on there at the moment but it feels shot compared to it

when you bled it... did a small ball bearing fall out from the bleeding screw? if so, then theres your peoblem, best thing to do is:

1. look to see if the ball bearing is in the leaver. if not try and get one to replace it.

2.if you've got another leaver that you know works, put that one one and try it.

3 if it does work with the working leaver, then you know it's probably the cylinders

3.1 if it does work then your leaver is brokened, take it all appart, clean it up, and then put it back together, if it still doesn't work either leave your other leaver on the system, and sell the RB one as not working. Or take it to your L.B.S, and see what they can do.

Mike!!!

It goes into the bleed hole, before you put the bleed hole bolt back in.

If you fully depressed the lever in when you bled it, you may have messed it up slightly - that killed my HS33 lever with RB blade in it :( When you bleed it next, squeeze the lever and look down along the line of the bolt for the TPA, and see if the piston inside is fully returning, 'cos it may not be.

Instead of the BB you can also use the normal grub screw out of HS33 levers, much less hassle.

ill give that a try,

and who is the uk distributer for rb? is it supercycles?

cheers ian

thanks for all your help