Ever Fancied Trials Vids On Your Phone?

Barbra

first of all you need some way of getting the video to your phone...I use a bluetooth dongle which i picked up from argos for £10.

Once you have your way of getting things to your phone you need to download a converter from here i downloaded the zip file..extract etc.

once extracted go into the folder and double click "setup" where you should get a box like this..

IPB Image

go to the dropdown menu and select english...for obvious reasons.

Once you have done that the box should now look err english...so now you understand what its telling you click "general: 3GPP+AMR General setting" then click apply.

IPB Image

Once you've clicked apply that box should disappear..Then you need to go back to your folder and select

3PG converter. and yet again another box will appear. BEFORE dragging your file into the obvious place on this box you need to select "QCIF normal quality 15fps mono"

IPB Image

It then automatically converts once you've dragged it in there. You then need to go to where it saves. Which is the "desktop" For me and one of my friends at least. Then send away via your bluetooth dongle or what other way you have come up with to send.

Unless you have some amazing phone that can play normal format video's then this guide should be good. I have a sony ericsson k700i and it works perfectly for my phone. Don't worry too much about memory because the converter will decrease the size of the file dramatically.

If you think this guide is lacking anything please feel free to tell me (nicely) and make sure you read the whole post before complaining :)

EDIT: Ive tried 4 video's so far and 3 of them work...so at the moment its got a pretty high success rate...i'm still trying to find out why it wouldn't let me do the one that didn't work. Sorry amesbury it just didn't want your vid lol - and remember if you want to convert wmv you need to convert wmv to mpg using a different converter

Edited by TrialsLord

Typical i wont work on mine :rolleyes:

Lol sorry to everyone i lied before i did 2 mpg's 1 Avi and 1 wmv. the wmv didn't work. sorry. So for further notice wmv isn't convertable (N)

just download another converter that will convert wmv to mpeg or something like that

Edited by TrialsLord

Search Google for Xilisoft. I use that and it's awesome.

The 'im too' converters work well and so do the encoders for adobe, ive been exporting to mobile for a while now but I dont see the advantage of this just yet.

Thanks for pissing all over my camp fire guys :)lol