Monty 221's

Trials mama

The new 221pr is much the same as the 05 ti, the only differance I can see is the down tube and top tube meet at the headtube of the 05 ti, and dont on the 06 221pr.

Im not checking it now as im in work, but I doubt a 220 is the same, infact i didn't think they made '05 220's.......

And I have owned a ti and been on my mates 221 pro and trust me it is a big difference.Yeh they look the same but they arnt.

05 220 hydra.

Edited by Deonn h

What is this big differance? Is it in the look of the bike of the ride?

The '06 221pr seems to be much the same in geometry terms as the '06 221ti, which in theory means the ride will be similar....

Also, are you talking about '06 versions of both of those?

Edit, that 220 is nothing like a '06 221pr

Edited by jake1516

What is this big differance? Is it in the look of the bike of the ride?

The '06 221pr seems to be much the same in geometry terms as the '06 221ti, which in theory means the ride will be similar....

Also, are you talking about '06 versions of both of those?

Edit, that 220 is nothing like a '06 221pr

How do you know it isnt have you ridden both of theses bikes.Have you ridden any of these bikes i`m on about.And there wasn`t an 05 version of the 221pr so :huh::ermm::closedeyes: .

And I have owned a ti and been on my mates 221 pro and trust me it is a big difference.Yeh they look the same but they arnt.

05 220 hydra.

You really are full of shit. here is the monty 05 catalogue showing the trials bikes they made during 05.

IPB Image

Any other claims you want to make, send them to me in a PM and i'll set you straight before you start giving out false information to others. (Y)

Also, see the 221pr in there??? Remeber thats the '05 catalogue.

Edited by jake1516

Aye, i'm trying to get some form of camera sorted out for the arrival lol.

Might have to take them on a standard film camera and see if I can get the photo's developed onto a cd........ I have no idea if they'll do that but it's worth a try I guess....

By the way, some guy up there^^ mentioned it possibly being similar to an '05 220, Im not sure if he meant THAT '05 220 though, I think there may have been more than one version.

Have you ever seen Andy Green's old 05 monty 220? It really did look more like a 221 in shape than even perhaps the 05 221 Pr. I havent seen any pictures of that particular frame on the internet though, other than ones taken by him.. :S Strange.

Im sure it'll ride well though, I always missed my 221 in some ways, they handle great.