Avid Bb7

DaiTrials

Well ;)

Is it all new? If so, they usually require time to bed in.

Is it a new cable? If so, they usually require time to bed in, and often stretch at first. MAke sure it's lubed and there's a smooth curve going to the brake caliper.

Set it up so that the pads are aligned with the rotor, not on the piss.

Set it up so the fixed side is just about touching/rubbing the rotor (or one click away), then adjust for lever feel with the moving side.

Make sure it's all clean and hasn't got any lube on the rotor or pads.

What lever are you running, by the way?

Mine was rubbish just after I had fitted it, and it was set up perfectly according to the manual. Its because the pads have a shiny new layer that needs srubbing off, just like most new pads on any brake. I just poured cold tap water over the rotor and caliper and then rode really fast a couple of times and hit the brake hard. It soon made a strange noise and now it has been amazing ever since I bought it about a year ago. (Y)

Meh. I bought a comedy over-sized rotor, so mine has no option but to work.

Lol you sure did :P .

But ime running a 185 on my mod and to be fair it is amazing. When I 1st got it it was crap bedded in and it was amazing!

Just ride arround dragging it then poor water on etc.

Sam

Lol you sure did :P .

But ime running a 185 on my mod and to be fair it is amazing. When I 1st got it it was crap bedded in and it was amazing!

Just ride arround dragging it then poor water on etc.

Sam

whats with the water? is it like drag it to heat up, then water to cool it down and set it?

whats with the water? is it like drag it to heat up, then water to cool it down and set it?

thats it lol

My 203 didn't work out of the box. But now it throws me off the bike if im not careful its immense! :o

But yeah, find a large hill, put the brake on slightly and ride down, pour water on at the bottom. repeat if necessary