Slow Magura

Martin Grainger

hi, my magura has for some reason become ridiculosly slow so when i pull it, it slowly releases and the pads drag for a while. also the pads dont always go fully back to the caliper, i have taken off the lever blade and cleaned it all out

has this happened to anyone else and how can it be fixed

thanks martin :)

Drain the oil out pull the piston out and clean it then put some grease or summert on it and put it back in.If it still returns slow take it back out and stretch the spring slightly then put it all back together and rebleed it. (Y) .Try bleeding it with water aswell with antifreeze mixed together.

Edited by Deonn h

take the pads out & use a tiny amount of copper slip to free up the slave cylinders, this'll give the lever less work to do when it's pulling the pads back and it lasts longer than wd40.

But yea, i'd also recommend a fresh bleed

If the lever is still slow after all the lubeing, test one thing... empty the master cylinder and remover the hose, dial back the tba to the start, then pull the lever and release, if it's still slow (ie: if the blade comes back and piston stays in cylinder) then more than likely you have ovaled the boar in cylinder and there's nothing you can do.. sorry :( i've seen this a few times and done it my self. It's from if you have fallen off and hit the lever body..

If the lever is still slow after all the lubeing, test one thing... empty the master cylinder and remover the hose, dial back the tba to the start, then pull the lever and release, if it's still slow (ie: if the blade comes back and piston stays in cylinder) then more than likely you have ovaled the boar in cylinder and there's nothing you can do.. sorry :( i've seen this a few times and done it my self. It's from if you have fallen off and hit the lever body..

Hey Martin...well these guys have given you a lot better help than me :lol: i suppose you had better hope that its not the problem with the master cylinder...Neways see yaz around