More Problems

Bike addict

As you may or may not know, i posted a topic about a week ago now on how my frame was bent, i've managed to spread it by about 5mm which was enough, so that fixed the problem of my brakes gripping my wheel.

i've now got the problem of my chain. when i adjust it to get it the right tightness, i tighten the bolts up tight, only to find that they slip forward *** my wheel (when i pedal). But, making matters worse, because the wheel is so far back in the dropouts, i cant put a chain tensioner on it.

Even if i take 2 links out to make it shorter, this means that it is too far forward meaning that my brake pads are only halfway on the rim.

I cant think of a way out so if any of you people out there know how please, please help me! (Y)

Thanks,

Ryan

Edited by Bike addict

Do you run snail cams? If not i surgest you do they will pull the wheel back to the right length you want but make sure your bolts are not right at the back of the hole on the tensioner because it will move forward when you pedal.

ricky

Edited by rickyb

i was thinking about that but the only problem is that im short on cash, i know that they are reasonably cheap but ive just splashed out on new parts to try and fix my old problem, and my dad is the man with the money and he wont be pleased if i ask him for more parts. (N)

Can i ask how snail cams work?

cheers,

Ryan

Are you riding a T-master? If you are you cant run snail cams with them.

My friend has got a T-master and when he got it he had the same problem with the chain length as you, he got a KHE collapse chain and it sorted it all out.

If your wheel keeps moving have you got the right size spacers in there?

sounds like u have tried everything and it hasent worked so my advice is get a new frame mate! :-

Listen to this guy. He knows everything about bikes. (Y)

Hi guys. Can you tell me where i can get a half link chain from please?

cheers, Ryan

http://www.alansbmx.com/product_info.php?c...roducts_id=3081

That'll do mate. :)

Edited by Trials Boy