Echo Team? Gu? Argh Please Help!

Radfax

hey guys.

I know this question is asked alot on the forum but i am in rather a bit of bother! I have a new frame lined up because my koxx is trully buggered, and i seem to have a problem with frames (As usuall).

I am aroud 5 11" and i have previously rode a 04 python (which i belive only came on one length but i dont know whatit was!) and a very small amount of BB rise and I rode this bike PREECT. then i recently bought a Koxx level boss long, which i rode VERY well and this also had no bb rise.

So my problem is wwhat should i go for the GU with 60mm BB rise or the echo team with 45mm BB rise? Where i have never rode a bike with BB rise i am not to sure weather i will get on with it.

So what i would like to know is, as i have got on with long and short bikes in the past with no/low BB rise what will I be like when i get on a bike with 60mm BB rise? will it help me? will i dromaticaly improve my riding? and where i have not rode a bike with BB rise before what should i get? Long or short?

Or should i just get the Team?

Thanks alot guys TOM!

you're other frames Will have had BB rise, probably 50 as thats more ''the norm'' for older frames. The GU has pretty much the same geo eas the echo yet with the higher BB, I would and did go for a GU, one of the reasons Was because I preferred the looks of the GU but also 'because it has a higher BB, makes it seem a lot 'flickier' and IMO a lot nicer. Whack a echo or t-master stem on and the GU will feel awesome (Y)

Koxx levelboss and Zoo python both have about 50mm BB rise

Keep it to yourself when i thought levelboss's had 5mm BB rise then :$

thanks alot for the help guys thats all i needed looks like i will be going for the GU then, does the bb rise help with side hops at all? as thats what ive heard?

Thanks tom

By far the best frame I ever had was the 03 Team L (1030, 363 bb:?). All my mates also think that the Team was a winner and by far the best mod they had ridden (760mm bars, monty stock stem). Then goes the short GU Typhoon which was incredibly good, easy to bunnyhop, good on rocks, had the advantage of being a short bike but didn't feel like it. I wouldn't reccomend either the long GU or the Python. The GU L is longer than the python and is all together a crap frame. IMO it's just far too long, and feels much longer than the Python. Then you've got the Python which is a great frame if you've got the power to ride it. I hated it from the very first day I had it because of the long stays.