Gussett Forks

streetjibs

Hey guys as some of you would know iv been tryin to chase up replacement straight blade forks with 24inch mounts for my steed. Its been a right b*****d tryin to find some... after my ashtons (i luved!) died its been either go to pashleys (i hate curved out forks!) or another set of ashtons or similar and change to disc on front... which im not keen on but might have to do.

Anyways found these gussett forks while wastin time at work today in a catologue. Straight blade, steel, 1.2kg (so it claims ... probly ok?) and shortish (anyone know if same length as ashtons??) .... I was thinking because it is steel i could reweld the mounts on for 24inch size and stil have my straight blade forks :) yay!

Does Anyone Know if there any good ??

Are they tooo short?? etc etc... please offer any advice... its been weeks since iv ridden and im gettin toey!

Thanks as always!

Danny.

I don't know owt about the gusset forks, but base do some ashton copies (i think bikedock sell them) or what about curtis forks?

IPB Image

is it these forks? they look like px forks so could be alright and you could get the mounts rewelded too.

you could have a look on ebay for some px superlight fork - they looked sweet on my mates ashton.

Edited by leedstrials

yep its them forks! (Y)

iv emailed bikedock twice... had a mate in england contact them and stil no reply. That would be the ultimate if i could get those ashton copies (base fork) but its lookin unlikely :(

If anyone can get through to bikedock and if they have the forks... il pay for em and sort u out sommat 2!

Danny.

yep its them forks! (Y)

iv emailed bikedock twice... had a mate in england contact them and stil no reply. That would be the ultimate if i could get those ashton copies (base fork) but its lookin unlikely :(

If anyone can get through to bikedock and if they have the forks... il pay for em and sort u out sommat 2!

Danny.

what about http://www.bikes4trials.com/products.php?plid=m3b0s28p115

L E G E N D ! ! ! :-(Y):-(Y):-(Y)

haha nicely spotted mate... will email em now and wait for reply... just hope they actually have em this time.

Cheers danny.

>>> does anyone know the people there? and could find out if they have em?? - emails take a while <<<

on that same site... B4T... they list the kona project 2 tripple butted as 795 gms!! ???

Is that right? if so thats a great option.... seems almost unbelievable for a steel fork though.

danny.

Kona forks are a little bit lightly built for trials, pretty flexy and dont really stand up well.

And unless gusset have changed the design, when we lobbed my friend's pair of those straighblade forks on the scales they came out at almost 1700 grams.

Kona forks are a little bit lightly built for trials, pretty flexy and dont really stand up well.

And unless gusset have changed the design, when we lobbed my friend's pair of those straighblade forks on the scales they came out at almost 1700 grams.

ahh ok ... that sounds more like it.

Well, looks like its the px superlights or hopefully! the B4T ashton copies..

Does anyone know if they have em?? Im waiting email reply.

Danny.