Fitting Xtr Booster To T-pro

Jonny Shoe

I have seen a fair few T-pros with the XTR carbon boosters on and at the moment I have one ready and waiting to be put on. But when I have wriggled it over the tyre (a tight Squeeze) and arranged it in roughly the right position, without the bolts etc., the holes on the booster and the mounts on the frame do not seem to line up :S Please help and advise?

Thanks

Looks like it doesnt fit then and i dont think there is anything you can do. Not sure if there is a way to make the holes bigger as dont think there is much room to play with, unless im mistaken or someone can think of a way to do it you aint fitting that booster! Sorry bud

Frooty

I fitted an XTR booster to my echo team without any major issues. I don't suppose you are trying to fit the booster to the upper bolts on the four bolt mounts? Has the booster been drilled for four bolt mounts?

If the booster has already been drilled for 4 bolts, and the top holes do not line up with your frame, then you may well have a problem. If the booster has not been drilled, then you would need to do this, get this done.

Also, when fitting one of these to a four bolt mount, remember to use washers above and below the carbon, to spread the load and prevent the carbon failing. You are likely to need to modify the washers to fit to the top bolt holes as they need to fit around the shape of the booster such that they sit flat to the face over the bolt holes.

All this takes time and patience, but it is well worth it as it's just about the best booster you can fit, if you can fit it. :)

I fitted an XTR booster to my echo team without any major issues. I don't suppose you are trying to fit the booster to the upper bolts on the four bolt mounts? Has the booster been drilled for four bolt mounts?

If the booster has already been drilled for 4 bolts, and the top holes do not line up with your frame, then you may well have a problem. If the booster has not been drilled, then you would need to do this, get this done.

Also, when fitting one of these to a four bolt mount, remember to use washers above and below the carbon, to spread the load and prevent the carbon failing. You are likely to need to modify the washers to fit to the top bolt holes as they need to fit around the shape of the booster such that they sit flat to the face over the bolt holes.

I found it alot quicker just to buy an Echo 2 bolt...

I found it alot quicker just to buy an Echo 2 bolt...

Fair enough, that would be quicker, and less effort, but then he already has an XTR booster, and if you invest the time and effort to fit one properly, it will outperform pretty much any other booster out there, especially considering it's weight.

Right guys, it is the bottom holes that wont line up, it hasn't yet been drilled for 4 Bolt but as it doesnt look like it will fit the bottom is it worth drilling?

Thanks

how much was the booster if it was over £2 id give it a bash at drilling it

Personally I'd say go for it, but measure it as accurately as possible (put some paint on the tops of the bolts, press the booster down on them and drill where the paint is??).

If the holes dont quite line up, try using a round file to 'move' the hole to the side needed. Take care though, carbon dust aint too healthy for your lungs/eyes apparently (this months MBUK)

Alun