Arrrgggghhhh The Pain!

Monty_Man_Stoive

Hey people!

Thought i'd share my pain with you, went riding sunday in chelmsford, good weather, riding well, then at the end of the ride my brake slipped on a stupid little planter thing in the high street, my bike went backwards, i went forwards, landed well weird on my ankle and was in mega pain, i just though it was badly sprained but it got worse and i had to drive home which didnt help. I couldnt sleep all sunday night so went to hospital monday had x-rays, got poked and prodded by some docs and the conclusion is that ive torn and stretched ligaments or something so its quite a badly sprained ankle in other words, ive got crutches and some hardcore painkillers and anti-inflamitry drugs and i cant ride until its 110% better, so i cant ride the comp this sunday and not sure if it'll be perfect by the next comp : DoH!

[attachmentid=4298]

[attachmentid=4299]

Its abit swollen and by the way , i havent got bad sun burn, its the light in the hospital and poor quality of a camera phone :)

Oh well, just have to wait, look on the bright side, ive got time off work paid and even better, next time i go for a ride 1st time im better its going to be on a brand spanking new 20" full bulid bike and i cant wait and i aint telling no one what it is until it arrives at my door :D ha ha

post-331-1146653071_thumb.jpg

post-331-1146653084_thumb.jpg

next time i go for a ride 1st time im better its going to be on a brand spanking new 20" full bulid bike and i cant wait and i aint telling no one what it is until it arrives at my door :D ha ha

Tell me, tell me :-

Thats looking bad dude, that stack looked pretty painful, its a shame your missing the comp.

Hope it gets better soon (Y)(Y)

Chris

wow, i did my ankle like that over a year ago, ignored it but it dent go away, just went all black and blue, ended up having to see a physio in october to have the ligaments re torn and set in the rite place. Very painfull! then put in a cast for 2 weeks. [leg wasted away] and its just gettin back to norm now.

So basicly geez make sure its fixed proper before you start to ride again, cuz i didnt and it ended up takin 18 months to get it rite!

rob.

cheerz buddy, cant wait to get back! shouldnt be long, some physio dude off this forum pm'd me, he sounds kool and is going to help me out, im going to contact him (Y):D

His names simon, he seems an alright chap to talk to and is always helpful, he's helped several people on here with their ankles and gave me loads of excercises to do when i did mine in and its loads better now. I did have to try and take photo's of my feet though but you seem to have already done that.

I also remember him saying his first consultation with trials riders is free because we're crazy :lol: Seriously, free first consultation... you can't say no if its free.

Simons the man. Been treating me for over a year and he just never stops helping people. His MSN is silord@hotmail.com and he's welcome to anyone with ANY KIND OF PROBLEM (concerning bones, ligaments, muscles, etc) getting in touch with him for a consultation. Just moved in near me as well so I get to get boozey with him on a social occasion rather than just when he doesn't have any anesthetic handy.

Rich

lol! Ive added simon to my msn and look forward to speaking to him! I done my ankle a week tommorow now and it still hurts and thats a week of rest, hopefully get better soon and sorted out (Y)

It will be like that for atleast 1 month.. you will be able to ride in a few days without pain, but you really shouldnt ride, or put weigth on it... simon treated me over msn, hes a good man, abit weird at times though :Slol.