Crank Thread Help

Joe_Elding

Hi, I managed to strip my LH Zoo! crank thread and need to get it sorted.

I've searched high and wide for a place to buy the right sized helicoil kit or engineers that can do it, but because it's Left hand thread, I can't find shit.

So the only solution I can see that will now work is drilling the hole out and then tapping it so that I can screw a tensile pedal thread insert into it and then screwing the pedal into that.

So i need to know what size/pitch/thread the external thread is on the tensile insert.

I Know the pedal thread is 9/16'' * 20 TPI so is the insert one just the one up from that?

Many thanks (Y)

Supercycles do actually have some helicoil threads for cranks, both left and right hand threads. What we don't have (or can't find - same difference) are the taps for them. If this could be of use to anyone then get in touch.

I don't know the measurements of the tensile threads, unfortunately.

Supercycles do actually have some helicoil threads for cranks, both left and right hand threads. What we don't have (or can't find - same difference) are the taps for them. If this could be of use to anyone then get in touch.

I don't know the measurements of the tensile threads, unfortunately.

Legend, I'll give you a ring within the next couple of days (Y)