Begginer And Need Some Tips

Sucram

hi im marcus im 14 from essex in the uk all my mates trial and they got me into trials, so i thought id get a trials bike, i got a onza t pro but im just waiting for it to be delivered.

i can do 2 pedal hops and 2 back hops and i was just wondering if someone could give me some tips on tricks and stuff.

thanks alot for your help, marcus

a lot of people will just say practice practice practice but there is other things,

if your mates are good riders watch how they ride there bikes like when they do a trick look how they lean or what there posture is if that makes sense.

practice on curbs sounds stupid but you can do heaps of tricks on them i sometimes ride the curb outside my house just for fun!

dont get frustrated with height, going up and down high things takes time learn the basics perfectly first remember you crawled before you walked!

Edited by Synergy

thankyou very much for your help i know trials isa hard sport and i wont be quitting any time soon

good to hear that (Y) i gave up once or twice thinking i would leave it but i always came back and im still here now trying to learn new tricks!

Hi marcos so you live in essex where abouts maybe we could hook up at some point for a ride.

as for tricks like yoyoyo says try trashzen it give you all the basic ideas and helps you with getting the perfect, the website also has videos of maneuvers and tricks. also try looking through some of the threads on the trials-forum as they can help a lot and I would recommend checking the foot positions thread as this will help you to complete more tricks and give them a bit of style.

Importance of foot position

Trashzen

Hi Marcus. Try download some videos and watch what they do don't download any body legendary though like cap because they do things with so little effort its hard to see what they do. I don't know any videos that are good my pc wont download them or it will die hehehehe :P but if you ask some people i'm sure they will tell you some (Y)

one big thing i found out was try and do pedal hops SLOW. otherwise you will end up going too fast for your gear (if you get me) (Y)

What do you mean by that? I'm a bit stuck on pedal hops at the minute myself.

• 2 months later...