Hand Made Brake Pads

FuZ

Hi!

I want to know whether somebody made pads for disk brakes? My friends have made pads for vee-brakes and magura. Force of braking the same as on the zoo/koxx pads.

I want to make an aluminium disk and pads (they are from a shoe material (I don't know it's name in english))

The Material for pads has prepared. I need to make a disk. I think it it is necessary to make it without holes for durability. What do you think about this?

Hi!

I want to know whether somebody made pads for disk brakes? My friends have made pads for vee-brakes and magura. Force of braking the same as on the zoo/koxx pads.

I want to make an aluminium disk and pads (they are from a shoe material (I don't know it's name in english))

The Material for pads has prepared. I need to make a disk. I think it it is necessary to make it without holes for durability. What do you think about this?

the holes give it the friction needed to stop. you need to have the holes in where the pads move across the disk. it also makes them lighter.

The holes are just for cooling, if you have pads made from the same material as magura pads, then dont put holes in the rotor, it will just chop the crap out of them.

As its made of alu it will be light too.

Go for it, look for plazmatic disk rotors if you need inspiration.

if you look at proper disc pads, the pad surface is machined flat after its stuck on, so that the pads hit the rotor square-pretty darn important-or you could just ride the pads til they wear flat :P

i did try making my own disc pads, with rimjam red material, the result was an intense brake-silly power

trouble was the glue didnt hold and it all fell apart-was fun whilst it lasted!

by all means try it, but dont expect it to work/last as well as you would like :(

I'm really need to do pads because I have shit break :)

I bought it for 10-15 euro... Tektro disk brake.. Zero braking))

Alu disc need for saving weight and saving material(I think old disk will destroy pad's material)

Work will be done in few days... I will post up the result.. will see :)

I'm starting to think about avid brake ))))))))))