Has Anyone Ever Broken There Knee Cap Before?

Sharp

So i get my pot off in a week and am rather excited, but i suddenly realised how much i actually have to bend my legs, haha. Has anyone else ever broken there knee cap and if so how long did it take for your leg to get back to full mobility?

Thanks

I havent but it sounds terribly painful, is it?

When i first did it, it wasnt as painful as you would expect but that was only because i was putting it off because i didnt think it was as serious as it turned out to be, haha. But then when i got to hospital and it struck me how serious the injury was it sudenly started hurting alot more, and i battered for the next week or so. It doesnt hurt anymore but it does itch which is rather annoying! Now i just cant wait to get back riding but im not sure how long it will take before i can ride my bike properly again!

i have cracked my knee cap but i was lucky i broke it in the right place so it only toke 3 and half months to fix and a week to start walking again

3 and a half months, are you kidding....... thats absolutely AGES, i get my pot off in a week which means i will have had it in for 6 weeks, then i was expecting to be riding within 2 weeks...... jeeeeez, sounds like its going to take ages. God, i didnt realise it would take that long.

Edited by Sharp

it mite be different for you because i did a big ass jump and in the air came off a land on a rock so my knee cap cracked and hurt but i am ok now i am just abit safer well thats what i tell my mum

Haha nice work, (what u tell your mum i mean). Mine was pretty bad basically jumped off a 5 foot thing onto my left knee cap, well i didnt but thats how it worked out (because my chain snapped)But your souns pretty darn bad!.

Anyway, im hoping it will be sooner than 3 and a half months before im back riding my bike.

My auntie broke hers clean through the middle nd it split in to and just fell apart and jammed the joint so they remooved it and now she has no kneecaps as she had the other one removed so it looks even- shes minted before you ask. it still looks freey,

especially when she bends her leg forwards lol :blink:

sam

hey i have no idea about knee caps but i did my ankle and you can see wat its like now in my avtar. and it took me along to to get it back still cant move it as wel as my normal 1 but its gd enogth to ride with.

:-