My Bikes -

walker

I am aware that ive posted some of this before, but ive also got a 26" now. Here are some more detailed pics of my bike, so enjoy :D :

My Leeson Clear 505 - u may well have seen it before, ive now got onza carbon bars (28") and a monty stem.

geo - wb 1037, chainstays 363, 50mm bb rise

comments welcome.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The tensioner on the leeson allows the 360 dropout, pretty simple fixed tensioner, but it works a treat.

IPB Image

Clive Leeson's brazing, people have been discussing brazing on steel frame such as this in the topic on Michael Singleton's bike, clive has perfected the art and the semi transparent paint on this frame shows the welds as a different colour (the brass underneath).

IPB Image

IPB Image

My homemade TPA on the leeson, works a treat, and ive had it for nearly a year now.

IPB Image

My 26" Echo Control, just bought second hand off Tom Rigg, rides really nice, its nothing special, but looks nice, comments welcome.....

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers,

-Andrew ;)

Edited by walk_aw

That paint must be tranlucent or whatever.

Those welds look fantastic, and the differant colour at the weld area is really nice too. I like frames that have the industrial way about them, un polished welds and such.

I said it before, i'll say it again, that leeson is gorgeous.

I am aware that ive posted some of this before, but ive also got a 26" now. Here are some more detailed pics of my bike, so enjoy :D :

My Leeson Clear 505 - u may well have seen it before, ive now got onza carbon bars (28") and a monty stem.

geo - wb 1037, chainstays 363, 50mm bb rise

comments welcome.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The tensioner on the leeson allows the 360 dropout, pretty simple fixed tensioner, but it works a treat.

IPB Image

Clive Leeson's brazing, people have been discussing brazing on steel frame such as this in the topic on Michael Singleton's bike, clive has perfected the art and the semi transparent paint on this frame shows the welds as a different colour (the brass underneath).

IPB Image

IPB Image

My homemade TPA on the leeson, works a treat, and ive had it for nearly a year now.

IPB Image

My 26" Echo Control, just bought second hand off Tom Rigg, rides really nice, its nothing special, but looks nice, comments welcome.....

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers,

-Andrew ;)

i thnk your leeson looks beautiful in real life but actually looks sick on them close up pics of the welds! dont no why.

and am not keen on the control. mainly for the forks and that bitch ass ugly maxxis sticker. why do people put them on bikes!

joE!

lol, y did u have to quote the whole post Joe (cheers for the comment though) :P

Well i like to keep my bikes clean of stickers other than the original frame stickers, tom put the maxxis stickers on, theres one on the other side aswell, ive never been bothered to take them off. the forks are ugly, and i dont like the stupid threaded steerer and top cap, but they're cracked, so they wont last that much longer hopefully

I must appologise for having a really gay, ugly frame protector, but the tubes are butted and lightweight, so they are not very dent resistant, and i ride comps, so i want to keep it nice. so :P

-Andrew

lol, y did u have to quote the whole post Joe (cheers for the comment though) :P

Well i like to keep my bikes clean of stickers other than the original frame stickers, tom put the maxxis stickers on, theres one on the other side aswell, ive never been bothered to take them off. the forks are ugly, and i dont like the stupid threaded steerer and top cap, but they're cracked, so they wont last that much longer hopefully

I must appologise for having a really gay, ugly frame protector, but the tubes are butted and lightweight, so they are not very dent resistant, and i ride comps, so i want to keep it nice. so :P

-Andrew

Really made me laugh, that! :) But that is one way of looking at it because i, along with a majority of the trials world think they are the ugliest pair of forks to ever grace the earth with their sorry existance. :P But yeah nice on with the bikes, they're both looking nice...

On the topic of the 26"; since Tom has sold it to you has he quit, or is he getting a new ride? Wouldn't want to see him quit!

Cheers,

Joe.

no hes still riding, on an MBK now, hes also got a rear disk and some new rims, (pimp white), he had a ridiculous spare parts bin, so he sold me a bikes worth of bits, all apart from the king hub, which i bought second hand.

-Andrew

i want one of those leesons but since they never mailed me back they can bugger off and ill spend the money on a bmx frame instead. it is nice though - skinny steel tubes are definitely the way forward.

how much does the frame weigh - roughly like?

no hes still riding, on an MBK now, hes also got a rear disk and some new rims, (pimp white), he had a ridiculous spare parts bin, so he sold me a bikes worth of bits, all apart from the king hub, which i bought second hand.

-Andrew

:D Good to hear! He's a good lad...

White rims sound very, very, very nice! Will have to check his new steed out at the two-day trial coming on Sunday! (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

hes not going, hes going to the YMSA instead (N)

i want one of those leesons but since they never mailed me back they can bugger off and ill spend the money on a bmx frame instead. it is nice though - skinny steel tubes are definitely the way forward.

oh, and the leesons dont do email, well rarely, ur much better giving clive a ring on 01933 314285

hes really good to tlk to.

-Andrew

Keep the comments coming! :)

Edited by walk_aw

hey andrew, did you ever get the huge dent in the down tube repaired/replaced ???? or is that why theres a tyre there :P ????

control looks nice (Y) gotta bring it over to northallerton some time

joshywa

Loving that leeson to bits :o

The colour is fantastic, wat is it? looks alomost pearlescent

How did you get that tpa in and out of there? i wanna cnc my own lever blade, but can't work out how to get the bugga out

Ben

the paint is semi transparent, like a coloured laquer, if u screw the tpa all the way out, the plastic spacer things and the tpa itself just push out,

And Josh, the dent aint huge, justa a bit unsightly, but it hasnt affected the frame strength and im riding the bike better than ever now, it ride absolutely awesome!!

-Andrew