360 Spin On Backwheel Static

Egg Fried Rice

hi all

ive been trying to do a 360 degre spin on the back wheel static but ive been trying for ages! and i always seem to only be able to just get before 180 and never the full 360. is there anyone out there that can give me a few things on what i need to do, i think im missing something.

i ride a mod if that helps

Thanks!

John k

Edited by J-KAY

Preload a lot. Crouch down, twist the bars in the opposite direction.

As you spring up, twist your hips round and lead with them. If you spin your front wheel left, try and twist so your arse goes over the right side of your bike. This way, it's in front of the axis of your rotation, so you'll lead it round more. Get the front end steep, and by leading it round like that you'll get the spin faster. It feels weird at first, but just stick with it and you'll get it no fuss (Y)

You're right though - if you're running crazy low pressures, it'll be harder 'cos a lot of your spinning force will go into twisting your tyre more. Not ideal.

I was bollocking on about leading with your head originally but since I can only do them in the air I was probably talking shit

Yeah, you've gotta look. I just found the arse/hip movement thing made the difference for me between getting 180, then 270, then 360. Before I did it "proper", I found I used to just end up stalling the spin at about 270, still on the back wheel, looking over my shoulder but with no momentum, and that's what made the difference for me (Y)

a video of me not making a 360 spin. Just went at it too hard ;) The camera batteries died after that first attempt though, so it'll have to do for now...

Anyway, you can see at the start though how you've gotta move your weight across. I've got a vid of me doing a proper one, but it was on my old computer. I sent it to someone on MSN, so when they're online I'll try and get it back.

I can do them on slippery surfaces, but not grippy ones, I have never been too great at spinny rear wheen stuff though :(

not sure if its been said, but it helps a lot to look at where your wanting to go, the body will follow.